Thread: Klip river

Default Klip river

I found this spot on the Klip river near my office today going to give it a try tomorrow, I will post a report tomorrow. The owner of a tackle shop in Meyerton claims to have caught some yellows there with live bait.

Even though the following site says the water quality is ok, I am not going to wade in, should be able get into strick zone from the bank.

http://www.reservoir.co.za/catchment..._01feb2008.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mikesch View Post
    strick zone
    Strike zone

Just noticed the microbial warning is high

Yep Mike, respectfully suggest be very careful if wading, not only for the filth and diseases that may be encountered whilst wading, but also the flow.

In the old days some of us even caught brown trout in the Klip River but that was a long, long way upstream of Meyerton!

Anyway good luck with your fishing venue exploration and hopefully your fly-caught yellows will be bigger than the bait fishers' livebait! Let us know how you fare?

Geez after watching Carte Blance on Sunday I must say that Im seriously reconsidering ever fishing in the Vaal It is truly a disgrace to alow what is happening there. The sad thing is that is happening all over the country more and more with no-one doing anything. Even the oke from DWAF just shruged his shoulders

Maybe we should flame our newest members email address or Pm box, or someone must take him for a Vaal shuffle without waders. See if a shower can cure him from that.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

No joy, the Klip river is flowing very heavy at the moment, might be beter at lower flows, try in a week or 2