Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beadhead Ant - Step-by-Step

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunF View Post
    Awesome Grant!

Hope we can get the whole Step by Step thing to take off on Flytalk. I'll try do one or 2 on the weekend or next week if I have some time.
    Yeah me too Shaun!
    "So heres my point. Dont go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thats dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

I have also experienced two ant falls on the elandspad in the past few seasons but these were the tiny little black ones with white wings. Apparently all ants have wings at one stage of their life cycle or another.
    "So heres my point. Dont go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thats dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

I tied up to of these patterns some time ago and today I got my first fish on one of them, a 17" carp. Now I fish it with even more confidence. Thanks for sharing it, Grant.

Kind regards,
    PTN

HOLY CARP!!!!! I never even thought of using them for carp! Nice one PTN!

I have tried them a few times on the vaal but have not got a yellow to take one yet.

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

My last three carp were caught on small patterns incorporating black, but they were caught at close range were I could drop the fly right in front of them. I still would like to catch one from a greater distance, but at least I know which flies to try now.

Kind regards,
    PTN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3