Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: Freshwater Fly Swap - March 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Babyson View Post
    Herman when I was a real lytie my dad and I used to catch SM on those crickets! As many crickets we had is as many yellows we caught, so I have no doubt that it is going to be a great fish taker! Dead drift it right against the bank or island and its sure to produce!
    Would love to know how you tied it though, something of a master piece that, well done!
    Rob
    Thanks Rob, the biggest headache I had was sourcing the materials, especially round dense foam for the body. I eventually bought a permatube ( as used in kids MBX tyres, cut sections then reamed out a dowel with a piece of hollow tubing in my drill. The wings are made out of the film used to darken car windows.
    For tying instructions Google " Electric Cricket ". If I can remeber it's on the Flytyers on line site.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Thanks Rob, the biggest headache I had was sourcing the materials, especially round dense foam for the body. I eventually bought a permatube ( as used in kids MBX tyres, cut sections then reamed out a dowel with a piece of hollow tubing in my drill. The wings are made out of the film used to darken car windows.
    For tying instructions Google " Electric Cricket ". If I can remeber it's on the Flytyers on line site.
    13 Flies must have taken an age! I appreciate the effort though, really looks good! I'm googling it as we speak...type...whatever!
    Thanx again
    Rob

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.