Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sandvlei - student looking for leerie!

Default sandvlei - student looking for leerie!

Hi all fisherman of the gentle art

i'm keen to have a shot at Sandvlei this week for leerie. Anyone been around there recently, or at least knows how to get there from tygerberg med school?

Take care

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Hunter View Post

i'm keen to have a shot at Sandvlei this week for leerie. Anyone been around there recently, or at least knows how to get there from tygerberg med school?

Take care

Luke
    Hi Luke, you sure you don't mean Zeekoeivlei? As you may have heard, Zandvlei is holy ground
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Hi Luke, you sure you don't mean Zeekoeivlei? As you may have heard, Zandvlei is holy ground
    Stop being a nasty old "wannabee".
    It's a youngster after all
    If he brings a bait stick take him to the "Hole in the Wall"
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Take care

Luke
    Not fished there in a while, but drove over Ou Kaapse weg and from up there it looked beautiful.

Quickest route: Get onto the N1, take the M5 up to Sunrise Circle. Exit at 3 o' clock(Muizenberg). Cross the bridge and take a right into Vlei Rd, then into Henley(kink to the right), which becomes Promenade. Keep going uintil you find a parking spot. Kit up, lock up and good luck
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Hi Luke

Just get there and put your line in the water. The takings have been very slim this season. With all the late winter rain, the visibility in the estuary is not what it was like this time last year. Good luck!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Here we go again hehehehe

Top toolbar third icon from the right "search"

best advice i can give on the forum otherwise pm me
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Default Thanks

- what does shelton mean by holy ground?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendier View Post
    Not fished there in a while, but drove over Ou Kaapse weg and from up there it looked beautiful.

Quickest route: Get onto the N1, take the M5 up to Sunrise Circle. Exit at 3 o' clock(Muizenberg). Cross the bridge and take a right into Vlei Rd, then into Henley(kink to the right), which becomes Promenade. Keep going uintil you find a parking spot. Kit up, lock up and good luck

Yup the fishing definately aint up to scratch!

Good luck!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

- what does shelton mean by holy ground?!
    He means you have to go to the secret spots that only deewy knows about and fish without a sage rod.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    It means that you may only fish there over lunch on fridays and on sunday mornings
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast