Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Control Flies update.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin View Post
    Don't worry, swallow some water on your next trip to the Vaal and I believe the thing opens out nicely for a few days.
    I'm from KZN. Plenty of decent water within short drive without me ever having to resort to fishing SA's biggest sewer, thanks !

I see some of the Slaapenaars have swapped over from the rondkyktwak aka whackytobacky to sucking on the crack pipe instead. Would do well in a road rage incident on the N1 between Midrand and Sandton
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieŽ" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I could post one...but Garth and Armand don't like me posting their pics on the net.

Tim, was just taking the mickey. No worries mate...*I* have not even caught a bigger fish than that in the Vaal! Bloody awesome.
    Ha ha Michael, yeah, i know there are some seriously big fish that the efficionados have caught, and none more respectable than the great Armand's, some of which I have seen, and marvelled at with almost disbelief.
    Ian will forgive me for using his picture, as I was there to witness it and take the photograph. It was merely to illustrate more into the discussion of tippet thickness, etc. etc...you know. Believe me, if I had a pic of a huge fish caught by me, on light leader, I would have posted that insted, but I dont...as I also haven't caught anything that big.
    But dont you know, it is unethical to use light tackle on the Vaal

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I could post one...but Garth and Armand don't like me posting their pics on the net.

Tim, was just taking the mickey. No worries mate...*I* have not even caught a bigger fish than that in the Vaal! Bloody awesome.
    Not the slightest bit offended, still the best fish I ever had , although dropped one smallmouth bigger at the net up in the Richtersveldt on one trip. Give my best to Garth and Armand, keeping a low profile which probably means that they are catching fish big enough to P*** high.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post

Obviously catching guppy sized fish on toothpicks will teach you to work delicately fortunately here we get to catch big fish that fight like demons
    Only there?
    "So hereís my point. Donít go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish thatís dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    I see some of the Slaapenaars have swapped over from the rondkyktwak aka whackytobacky to sucking on the crack pipe instead. Would do well in a road rage incident on the N1 between Midrand and Sandton
    tik boet tik
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Bluefin,

I thought your whoever started this thread must have some serious knowledge, and thought I recognized you in that pic(awesome fish), sorry I am a bit slow, nice to see you are also on the site, can expect some real good posts.

Then you Cape okes:

you guys have taught me something in this past B Nationals on the Vaal, I am also fishing much lighter than most other Vaal Hunters. It is true that this increases the catch rate, again I say all about ballancing your setup right from rod down to leader and flies.
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    It is true that this increases the catch rate, again I say all about ballancing your setup right from rod down to leader and flies.
    Ok.... we've had many talks on leader setup. Also had many tiffs on which setup is the best.
    The pic's (of a leader setup) we've got on this site are out dated and it's clear that some of these rigs have evolved a lot to suite conditions on the Vaal.
    Why dont you guy's draw pic's of these rigs in Microsoft Paint and post it here.
    It's much easier than trying to explain it in words.

This is my standerd rig. I'll add a top dropper if I have to but mainly fish with 2 flies. I use 4.5 or 5.5 Rio Powerflex for this but sometime go to Stroft (not sure of the diameter) for the part between the control and point fly.
    Last edited by C J; 20-08-09 at 04:33 PM.

............................and this is where it stops!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    ............................and this is where it stops!!!!!!

The okes r to busy perving over my sister.

I gave u my setup this morning.I can't add anything else,sorry!!!!

G
    Gerrit Viljoen

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234