Thread: Smallmouth Bass And Bluegill

Default Smallmouth Bass And Bluegill

Is there anyone out there who can tell me where i will be able to do some Smallmouth Bass and posibly some Bluegill fishing in Mpumalanga

Hi MkhondoR,

If my memory serves me right there is some smallmouth bass in the Witbank/Middelburg dam, give Charles Stewart at Angling Africa a call on 012 - 653 2845, I'm sure he'll have more information. Alternatively call Arno Laubscher on 083 657 5736.

Good Luck,

Philip

Default Smallmouth Bass And Bluegill

Thanks for the info I will definitly make an effort to contact these guy's to find out about the posibilities in the area.
    Variety is the spice of life as the saying goes. The Assegai River where I get most of my fishing done is really running strong after the good rains we have recieved over the last month, putting an end to the super Small- and Largescale Yellowfish season we had, now I have to search for something else other than the Largemouth Bass found in every dam out here, some grow to respectable sizes down this side. Some super sized Barbel came out of Jericho Dam but these were caught pre spawn while they were still gathering for their spawning run, now i will have to wait for the waters to realy warm up before I can have some consistent action with these fish again.
    Once again thanks for the info

Think I posted a reply to you on the "other forum" but here goes anyway. Small mouth fishing in midelburg is dead - some idiot stocked largemouths and they took over. Even the bass masters are pi5sed off about this.

Default Thanks

I read the your reply in the other forum thanks anyway. The it seems the smalies are not as much a problem everywhere, even the smalies have their own problems to deal with.
    Thanks though