Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sage Rod swop

Anyone that desperate for a Sage is welcome to come scuba one out of the lake at Giants Cup. It's a strange thing, but over the past 20 odd years a small fortune of gear has been lost overboard here.

That I know of, there are at least the following rods preserved deep in benthic mud for future, as yet unborn, archeologists;
    1x Hardy split cane Sovereign.
    1x Orvis XLS
    1x T&T (can't remember exactly what, but the dude that turfed it in cried like a drain).
    A reddington and sundry Stealths, Explorers, Daiwa's, Abu's and other equally plebian brands.... and wait for it...
    ABOUT A DOZEN SAGES.

The way I figure it is this. The overwhelming preponderance of sages lying in the mud can only be ascribed to one of two factors;
    A; people who fish Sages are such stumble-phucs that they don't know how to maintain a grip. Solution; GET A GRIP!
    B ; People who fish Sages wander the country side secretly looking for ways to divest (bit like BMW owners) of the impediment. The thing is (just like BMW's) the mere possession of the item marks you as so tastless, that to acknowledge the bad judgement inherent in the initial aquisition is just not the kind of thing one admits to in polite company. And so one blusters on. Anything else would be tantamount to losing complete face in the eyes of one's equals.... no, make that betters. Solution? Get a grip, Oh, and a decent flyrod.

I have no doubt that a horde of outraged Sagophiles and other yuppie-poofter-scum apologists of the mundane will outpour a veritable torrent of counter invictive. Bring on your worst. I can take it. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil. For though art with me (G*d? Neptune? Poiseidon? Nemrod? Odin? No es importante). My rod (an Orvis) and the staff (my ghillie) will comfort me.
    Last edited by Surly Ghillie; 17-02-08 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly Ghillie View Post
    Anyone that desperate for a Sage is welcome to come scuba one out of the lake at Giants Cup. It's a strange thing, but over the past 20 odd years a small fortune of gear has been lost overboard here.

That I know of, there are at least the following rods preserved deep in benthic mud for future, as yet unborn, archeologists;
    1x Orvis XLS
    1x T&T (can't remember exactly what, but the dude that turfed it in cried like a drain).
    A reddington and sundry Stealths, Explorers, Daiwa's, Abu's and other equally plebian brands.... and wait for it...
    ABOUT A DOZEN SAGES.

The way I figure it is this. The overwhelming preponderance of sages lying in the mud can only be ascribed to one of two factors;
    A; people who fish Sages are such stumble-phucs that they don't know how to maintain a grip. Solution; GET A GRIP!
    B ; People who fish Sages wander the country side secretly looking for ways to divest (bit like BMW owners) of the impediment. The thing is (just like BMW's) the mere possession of the item marks you as so tastless, that to acknowledge the bad judgement inherent in the initial aquisition is just not the kind of thing one admits to in polite company. And so one blusters on. Anything else would be tantamount to losing complete face in the eyes of one's equals.... no, make that betters. Solution? Get a grip, Oh, and a decent flyrod.

I have no doubt that a horde of outraged Sagophiles and other yuppie-poofter-scum apologists of the mundane will outpour a veritable torrent of counter invictive. Bring on your worst. I can take it. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil. For though art with me (G*d? Neptune? Poiseidon? Nemrod? Odin? No es importante). My rod (an Orvis) and the staff (my ghillie) will comfort me.
    hahaha....spoken like a true Orvis man. Gotta love it!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

........Sage crap.................My rod (an Orvis)..........

Last edited by ShaunF; 17-02-08 at 07:53 PM.

is fishing a metaphor for Life,... or Life a metaphor for fishing?

I read this quite a number of times before replying. To me the answer is neither.

For me, fishing is very much a part of my life, but it neither defines me nor can I define it.

1x Orvis XLS
    ABOUT A DOZEN SAGES.

I can only say this: "...", nah lets not I kind of agree with you Wolf, but wont you consider changing the last part to: "My rod (a Vision) and the staff (my ghillie) will comfort me"
    Last edited by pieterkriel; 18-02-08 at 08:59 AM.
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

This caused some deep thought on my side, problem is when pondering statement like these, I quickly get distracted by thoughts of fishing
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    I can only say this: "...", nah lets not I kind of agree with you Wolf, but wont you consider changing the last part to: "My rod (an Vision) and the staff (my ghillie) will comfort me"
    Sure thing. but then the thread would have to move to that other one currently running on AMBUSH MARKETING

Fishing cannot be a metaphor for life, because life without interests is not living. I would say that fishing is a metaphor for living!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Fishing cannot be a metaphor for life, because life without interests is not living. I would say that fishing is a metaphor for living!
    You lost me there, mate, in the semantics. I'm just just a simple mountain boy and am rendered speechless. I must retreat into the wisdom of others, wiser than I, and so will defer to the renouned sagacity ( the quality of being SAGE, {get it?})for the benefit of they whose ignorance cramps my style) of old whatisname;

I]Never mind a Life after Death....
    I'm still searching for a Life after Birth"[/I]

From The UNPUBLISHED EPIGRAMS OF SURLY, the GHILLIE
    Last edited by Surly Ghillie; 18-02-08 at 01:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast