Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Fishing in Ugie & Maclear area...

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    30th of March?
    No way, I meant the day after the 29th Feb, but since this thread is all about throwing you off the scent ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Dont think I went there last year Mario, I got Mosheshes, Carabas(I think) and GH (thanks Mike ).
    Last edited by dizzy; 20-02-08 at 12:22 PM.
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Dont think I went there last year Mario, I got Mosheshes, Carabas(I think) and GH (thanks Mike ).
    D, no-one will get what we are talking about, since it's not accessible really. Those who know the name Cedric will know immediatly where I'm referring to - sending you a PM now!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

No worries boet, I just thought it was near one of the beats Max took me on last year!
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Sorry Mate, this ones a little out of the way... really off the track... I am so glad it is fishing well...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Lits see if I have it right... If you look at the maps that should still be up on the wall at Dave's place, then this spot should be close to the side edge between two maps on a farm that sounds like running (or driving) after a newly re-introduced vehicle. The highest peak to it's lift is 2534 meter above sea level...

I asked Fred a while ago, OK a very long while ago (about 7-8 years), how the fishing is up there and he told me that there is some seriously big fish in them pools below the waterfalls. I then ran to Dave to try and book a beat up there, but he told me that some chaps pouched too much (not only fish...) and that the owner has closed it to fishing. If there is any way that I can get my line in the water there, then please let me know.

The SWAMBO is finally cracking under my relentless onslaught and it looks like my trip up that way will be a bit longer than the 2 or 3 days it was going to be... valentines was a bit expensive this year. I don't know when exactly, but I should be in the area for just over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by arnoc View Post
    Lits see if I have it right... If you look at the maps that should still be up on the wall at Dave's place, then this spot should be close to the side edge between two maps on a farm that sounds like running (or driving) after a newly re-introduced vehicle. The highest peak to it's lift is 2534 meter above sea level...
    Hotter than Paris Hilton!!! Actually, you are spot on

I asked Fred a while ago, OK a very long while ago (about 7-8 years), how the fishing is up there and he told me that there is some seriously big fish in them pools below the waterfalls. I then ran to Dave to try and book a beat up there, but he told me that some chaps pouched too much (not only fish...) and that the owner has closed it to fishing. If there is any way that I can get my line in the water there, then please let me know.
    Those chaps are the well-known big-shots in the FF & Hunting community - fruckers!!!

We'll try to get something going - let me know when you are here, maybe we can liase
    Mario Geldenhuys

Has any of you ever fished the Telle river?

It looks so nice on google earth (especially the upper regions behind Ben Macdhui). On the maps that I have of the area it seems to form the border between Lesotho and that small bit of old Transkei that is nestled between Eastern Cape and Free State.

Aaaargh!!!... Desaster!! I went playing with my off-road motorbike this past weekend and did some unplanned ploughing. I walked away from the crash with some very, very sore ribs and after some X-rays today it looks like I broke number 4 & 5 ribs on my right hand side, thus no casting for about 6 weeks!!! It looks like me trip to Rhodes will have to be rescheduled... damn & I was looking forward to it sooooooooo much.

Aaaargh!!!... Desaster!! I went playing with my off-road motorbike this past weekend and did some unplanned ploughing. I walked away from the crash with some very, very sore ribs and after some X-rays today it looks like I broke number 4 & 5 ribs on my right hand side, thus no casting for about 6 weeks!!! It looks like me trip to Rhodes will have to be rescheduled... damn & I was looking forward to it sooooooooo much.
    Hi Arno

How would you call Paul in Sotho??
    Mario Geldenhuys

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6