Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Which Fly Rod for casting

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Looking at your profile you are either an alter ego of someone else who is on the forum, or a plain sh*t stirrer who wishes to hide behind "nothing".

If the latter, please p*ss off, or if you have something constuctive to offer then modify your profile and leave anonymity behind.

At least most of us have the b*lls to show who we are.
    Man I am stumped at your reply, Please tell me what,s your problem, I'll do all I can to change wat ever, made you rage like that.

Nothing "special" about me I'm just a fisher, you might be more

You are the first person in like 15 years or to approach aproach me like that. Very strange indeed. It,s to special to let it just pass. Seems to me we are going to be bestfriends. (WATCH THIS SPACE)

(ps. If you ment I must publish my full name on the internet, I would do anything for love, BUT I WON'T DO THAT, (there are trained okes with big guns looking for me )
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Most rods should cast a full line. Its not about features or anything, it's about being able to cast the rod.
    I agree with Andre, when I first started f/f I had ( and still use ) an Xplorer Classic 1 6#. I could not cast 10m . I went for casting lessons, my instructor threw out the whole fly line with 5 metres of backing with 1 false cast.
    I can now cast 25m with the same stick. Technique + practise. ( My technique still sucks )
    With my Elbe 9# and intermediate line I get to a full line.

However in my limited experience on the Vaal it's NOT distance that counts, rather accuracy, especially in winter, when the SM yellows are hard on top, get your PFD within range of your cast and put your fly in the right place.

Salt Water may be another story, but I can not offer anything on that, I've still yet to try it.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Herman .. I have to agree ... I think casting a long line has limited usefulness. I find it FAR more difficult to cast a 20 foot delicate dry presentation than to simply double haul out a full flyline.

Admittedly I know nothing about surf FF ... but I have never found that long casts catch more fish in general.
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

You can never ever cast far enough ... fish the Vaal for LargeMouth or The Surf and you'll know what I mean.

Every rod is capable of chucking a whole line, depends on the caster.

Anybody who says TFO rods are for people who can't cast is just talking plain old poop.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    TFO's are for okes that can not cast very well, especialy the Jim Teeny series.
    This comment I find very "provacative" . I personally know of 2 VERY COMPETENT f/f who I respect, who would in all probability throw a TFO a damn site further than most.

Tfo Jim Teeny (but to some guys it's not expensive enough)
    The expense debate is not worth entering, esp if you are looking at SAGE's/ T & T's, Hardys etc.

Man I am stumped at your reply, Please tell me what,s your problem, I'll do all I can to change wat ever, made you rage like that.

Nothing "special" about me I'm just a fisher, you might be more
    You are the first person in like 15 years or to approach aproach me like that. Very strange indeed. It,s to special to let it just pass. Seems to me we are going to be bestfriends. (WATCH THIS SPACE)

(ps. If you ment I must publish my full name on the internet, I would do anything for love, BUT I WON'T DO THAT, (there are trained okes with big guns looking for me )
    I am not anywhere "special" when it comes to f/f. I am relatively new to the facet, and also in no way consider myself special as a person. I am plain and simple Herman Jooste.

I did not intend to offend you if you were genuine, I'm just very p*ssed off with spammers who post a load of cr@p in their profiles.

If there are trained okes with big guns looking for you, then either you are one of my old buddies, or you are in big sh!t for even posting in the first place

Who know's, we could become friends, but in my book honesty comes first.
    I know 90% of the Gangster's Paradise forumers by actual name. How about according me the same via PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    You can never ever cast far enough ... fish the Vaal for LargeMouth or The Surf and you'll know what I mean.

Every rod is capable of chucking a whole line, depends on the caster.

Anybody who says TFO rods are for people who can't cast is just talking plain old poop.
    Perhaps, but TFO rods are definatly easier to cast than most other rods.

That must make them better than most, surely?!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    I disagree, ( again ) for the competent casters maybe, but what about us aspiring, WANNABEES. ( Sorry Chris, but had to use it, hopefully no copyright infringement )

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Well, if you think a rod is better because it has a forgiving cast action, then yes.

Is that not half of the purpose of rods? the other half being to help you fight the fish. I know very little about tackle so far but that is what makes sense to me...
    They've got us surrounded - the poor bastards!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast