Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rubber needed

Default Rubber needed

He he he

Don't get kinky ideas now

Where would u guys suggest I buy those colored condoms?

It looks to be an amazing product for all sorts of applications worms,larva and what not.

Any help?

Thanx
    G

Ps.Chris W u r banned from anwering

Default My Lord.

Take care: flavoured ones will be illegal and used ones would constitute chumming. Time to go to work before I get myself into more trouble.

Get the free government ones (they hand them out at sports fixtures) and Koki them - otherwise I'm reliably informed the coloured ones are too expensive! I was going to suggest use them first, wash them, and hang them out to dry to get maximum usage, but I didn't...

PS - ask Rory and Werner, the ribbed ones they buy from Sextopia Centurion also double up as good caddis shellbacks

It just came to me,lekker dof man.

I know a lady who does manies and pedies (nail technician) for my mom and sister.She supplies these condoms which is used for protection of nails once swambo washes dishes for example or when u have a toe infection.

It is not that expensive I hear.About a 1R for one.Yes they are small "rainjackets" but u'll get a few flies out of it.

G

Ps.No glove no love
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 22-02-08 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    It just came to me,lekker dof man.

I know a lady who does manies and pedies (nail technician) for my mom and sister.She supplies these condoms which is used for protection of nails once swambo washes dishes for example or when u have a toe infection.

It is not that expensive I hear.About a 1R for one.Yes they are small "rainjackets" but u'll get a few flies out of it.

G
    Save yourself some embaressment and ask the chemists for "finger cots" we use them in the kitchens.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

When you're bent over the kitchen sink?

Default Open letter.

Dear Wife/Girfriend/significant other:

Thank you for the kindness you have shown in tidying out the glove compartment of my car and my fishing tackle box whilst I was watching rugby with my mates.
    I do however feel that to avoid any further upset some explanation is in order:

The condoms :
    you found are used as a fly tying material to manufacture scud back and various larva imitations, you can check this out on the fly talk website.

Further:
    The nail polish:
    is for sealing the heads of flies once their manufacture has been completed.
    The lace panties:
    Provide a ready source of fine rubber legs for my stonefly and cicada patterns.
    The stockings with the bite marks in them:
    Darling these are not bite marks they are small incisions where I have removed tiny pieces of the mesh to make suspender nymphs...honestly look at Brian Clarke's
    "The trout and the fly".
    The lubricant:
    Makes for an excellent leader sink.
    The feather boa:
    Well it is far cheaper than buying packeted feathers for my streamer patterns darling, which of course saves me money to take you out to dinner.
    The body stocking:
    Is the only source I could find for Nylon organza a required component of many of Ed Herbst's patterns.

I trust that this explanation will put your mind at ease darling.

As to the letter:
    "Dear John,
    you were an animal last night, are we banned from that motel for ever or do you think we can book in under anther name? "
    Sorry sweetheart I have absolutely no idea where that came from or how it got to be under the driver's seat of my car.
    Love you lots.
    John

PS I would like to point out that the tip section of my new Sage Z axis is not really suitable for cleaning the drain, I trust that you will desist from using it for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    When you're bent over the kitchen sink?
    It always works on the waitresses
    " please come to my office and help me put on my finger cot" they are always willing to help.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

I've been tying the FL Caddis for yonks now. Awesome fly.

Walk into any post office and you will find the free government issue candooms. They work, but stink a little and don't really have the right colour. You want a very neutrally coloured natural latex feel, then you can colour your fly by means of the coloured thread underneath.

My favourite is Durex Featherlite, Pleasuremax or Lifestyles Ultra Thin for natural colours while the Durex Flavoured and Lifestyles Colours are good for when you need Yellow or Blue or Red (they also make a tingly GREEN mint candoom which is good for early season RockWorm patterns + your girlfriend will love you forever, buwahaha)

I wouldn't colour the candoom rings with markers, you will lose the translucency of the material, which in my book is one of the major reasons for tying with candoom rings in the first place.

As a tip: When tying caddis, instead of bothering with shellback, if you WANT a bit of aa darker/shinier shell, simply paint a little SallyHansens or Elegant Power Triple Agent clear over it. It adds a nice minimalist UV effect.
    Last edited by Scythe; 22-02-08 at 09:20 AM.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    I've been tying the FL Caddis for yonks now. Awesome fly.

Walk into any post office and you will find the free government issue candooms. They work, but stink a little and don't really have the right colour. You want a very neutrally coloured natural latex feel, then you can colour your fly by means of the coloured thread underneath.

My favourite is Durex Featherlite, Pleasuremax or Lifestyles Ultra Thin for natural colours while the Durex Flavoured and Lifestyles Colours are good for when you need Yellow or Blue or Red (they also make a tingly GREEN mint candoom which is good for early season RockWorm patterns + your girlfriend will love you forever, buwahaha)

I wouldn't colour the candoom rings with markers, you will lose the translucency of the material, which in my book is one of the major reasons for tying with candoom rings in the first place.

As a tip: When tying caddis, instead of bothering with shellback, if you WANT a bit of aa darker/shinier shell, simply paint a little SallyHansens or Elegant Power Triple Agent clear over it. It adds a nice minimalist UV effect.
    Ok what is a FL caddis?

Do u use the latex part or the "o" ring part.I don't follow please help.

G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast