Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What is the name of this Small Stream?

I know... but I aint telling anyone...
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    I know... but I aint telling anyone...
    I don't know ... but I'm telling everyone ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Ok,the Apies as in 1970?

G

Gerrit

Jou yster! I will keep to my word and take you there. It is the Apies close to Rooiwal! Its not from 1970 but from 2008. I couldn't believe my eyes on Saturday. There is such a variation on this little stream with rock pools, rapids, lush vegitation... I could have taken a lot more photos, but then I wouldn't have the time to get to the fishing. I have started exploring this little river a while back because I have spotted some Yellows on a few outings and I wanted to catch some. There are plenty on this river, but stay away from where there is a lot of people moving about, because you wont get any fish on the end of the line!

The section in the photos will definately produce big fish in September because there are a lot of mulberry trees on the edge of the river and it is said that they love the dropping mulberries. I have seen fish rise to large pearlish waterboatmen and to green catterpillars. We didnt catch any fish here on Saturday so we went way upstream and we caught small yellows and I managed to land a 30cm LS Yellow. Personal best seeing that my biggest up till date was a 20cm Croc River LS Yellow. I believe that this stream will also produce good fish on the dry at dawn.

Well done Gerrit! Drop me a PM with your details and we will amke a plan!

Cheers

Koos

Does it run through a Golf Course?
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Looks a bit like the Pienaars River where it flows out of roodeplaat.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    I don't know ... but I'm telling everyone ...
    Carefull, or I will blurt out a few names of people and places you dont want others to hear...
    Mike McKeown

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    Carefull, or I will blurt out a few names of people and places you dont want others to hear...
    Yes, but I know the owners with the shotguns
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Gerrit

Jou yster! I ...Well done Gerrit! Drop me a PM with your details and we will amke a plan!

Cheers

Koos
    I cant believe you blurted that out... Your fishing spot is toast, by-by...

But it is your first mistake, you will make others, and then you shall learn...
    Mike McKeown

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    Does it run through a Golf Course?
    No Mario

There is not a golf course in sight of this venue! This is only a few km's out of PTA! Seriously if you look at the pics you will never in a million years tell that this is actually the Apies River! Or shall I say the Mighty Apies? Because that is what it is when we get a lot of rain! Ask anyone staying in Pta because they will confirm this!

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Gerrit

Jou yster! I will keep to my word and take you there. It is the Apies close to Rooiwal! Its not from 1970 but from 2008. I couldn't believe my eyes on Saturday. There is such a variation on this little stream with rock pools, rapids, lush vegitation... I could have taken a lot more photos, but then I wouldn't have the time to get to the fishing. I have started exploring this little river a while back because I have spotted some Yellows on a few outings and I wanted to catch some. There are plenty on this river, but stay away from where there is a lot of people moving about, because you wont get any fish on the end of the line!

The section in the photos will definately produce big fish in September because there are a lot of mulberry trees on the edge of the river and it is said that they love the dropping mulberries. I have seen fish rise to large pearlish waterboatmen and to green catterpillars. We didnt catch any fish here on Saturday so we went way upstream and we caught small yellows and I managed to land a 30cm LS Yellow. Personal best seeing that my biggest up till date was a 20cm Croc River LS Yellow. I believe that this stream will also produce good fish on the dry at dawn.

Well done Gerrit! Drop me a PM with your details and we will amke a plan!

Cheers

Koos
    Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!! GO Gerrit go Gerrit

When u said west the Apies had to come into play.A mate of mine is a bass addict,he fishes a small little dam just after u've turned right out of Zambezi Rd.The Apies flows just past this little dam and he mentioned yellows when we fished the dam last year.So that's how it got it.

Koos,thanks a mil man,really appreciate it.

I tell u what,lets have this outing together but only by next summer.I'm "fully booked" till end of April,beginning May and after that it's a really fun time ahead till Sept early Oct.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative but I've got plans already.Why not take someone else before then and we can hookup later.

Thanks
    G

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast