Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 10wt Floating/Intermediate Flyline

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    I have a old Cortland saltwater series triangular taper line. It has endured a good 3 seasons of saltwater abuse and although it needs a good clean, having lost a lot of it's original slickness, the line still looks good. I can also highly recommend these lines
    Try that Armorall Chris, great for restoring old lines. I cleaned and Armouralled my floaters last night and they are slick as - should fly like a greased pig. I spilled a bit on the kitchen floor and wiped it up, but you should have seen SWAMBO slide when she stepped onto kitchen this morning - funny as a fart!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Elliott View Post
    Try that Armorall Chris, great for restoring old lines. I cleaned and Armouralled my floaters last night and they are slick as - should fly like a greased pig. I spilled a bit on the kitchen floor and wiped it up, but you should have seen SWAMBO slide when she stepped onto kitchen this morning - funny as a fart!
    hahaha......yeah I have had mine doing the splits aswell after some of my guitar cleaning sessions. Mr Min on tiles is also a bad combination!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Gogga Banned User

The Cortland line is superb, If you want a good compromise use the 15 foot ghost tip - great for beach type fishing.

If you want to throw a line into the wind and you need distance with biggish flies then you should think about the Rio Outbound series of lines - They are simply awesome.

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/...LL-210590-0000

I can honestly say that these are fast becoming my favorite swffing lines. I use them from a six weight to a 12 weight.

If you are keen on these or even the Cortland 444SL, send me a pm and let me know they cost out there I will do the same over here and I'm almost sure that I can save you money by getting them here and sending them out to you.

All the best
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Gogga View Post
    The Cortland line is superb, If you want a good compromise use the 15 foot ghost tip - great for beach type fishing.

If you want to throw a line into the wind and you need distance with biggish flies then you should think about the Rio Outbound series of lines - They are simply awesome.

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/...LL-210590-0000

I can honestly say that these are fast becoming my favorite swffing lines. I use them from a six weight to a 12 weight.

If you are keen on these or even the Cortland 444SL, send me a pm and let me know they cost out there I will do the same over here and I'm almost sure that I can save you money by getting them here and sending them out to you.

All the best
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for the kind offer, will have a look around for them and then let you know. From the specs it looks awesome !

Regards,
    Darryl
    Last edited by dlampert; 01-12-06 at 08:33 AM.
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

I have also been struggling to find a line that lasts a saltwater season in the Western Cape. I destroyed a SciAngler Bonefish line in half a season, and a few of the other lines I have tried tangle like cray in the cooler water. Strangely enough, my longest-lasting line is an Airflo Cold-water floater. It is also pretty slick and casts quite well. It has quite a wide profile though, making it a little wind-resistant. If you find the answer, please post it.

I've been fishing with a Lee Wulff intermediate for 11 months now. Stunning line when it comes to slickness and memory. It needs to be replaced at the soonest. Cortland 444 SL (ivory colour) lasted two days in Mozambique, Striped Bass Rio lasted about 6 months, Airflo Cold Salt lasted quite a while, popped the line with 12lb tippet when I was stuck on a rock in the Strand, might have damaged the line at some point. Sci Angler Bonefish Taper lasted two years. I don't have any experience with the Teeny Lines.

Value for money the Airflo is a good choice, some guys fish tropical lines here in the Cape I won't recommend it.

Cheers,

Philip

Budget wise I'm realy happy with the Rio's Saltwater Mainstream (floating) line and the Rio's Striped Bass (intermediate) line but I must agree with Philip I prefer and are still fishing with an old Airflo(floating) line at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2