Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10wt Floating/Intermediate Flyline

Default 10wt Floating/Intermediate Flyline

I am looking for a new 10wt floating or intermediate flyline - any recommendations ?

Thanks,
    Darryl
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

If you can afford it, you can't go wrong with a Cortland Darryl!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
    If you can afford it, you can't go wrong with a Cortland Darryl!
    Thanks Andre,

Any particular one ?
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Thanks Andre,

Any particular one ?

A bright pink one!!! Then you and Grant can fish together, him in spandex, and you with your pink line!!!

The 444 SL series is hard to beat .... I've never fished a slicker line in my life and there are a very wide variety of versions available.

Check out this link:http://www.cortlandline.com/catalog/444SL-lines.html for the SL series

or check out this link for the full range:http://www.cortlandline.com/catalog/toc.php

Andre
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    I got a Jim Teeny Professional Series (Lefty Kreh) 9wt intermediate from Sean for R 450. Light grey colour. It also comes in 10wt. I can bring it over if you want to give it a cast. It's on a 89 large arbour Genesis reel.
    Thanks Eben,

Maybe we should have a field session on Sunday morning ? I would be interested to see if it loads my 9wt rod properly ?

Regards,
    Darryl

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

A bright pink one!!! Then you and Grant can fish together, him in spandex, and you with your pink line!!!

The 444 SL series is hard to beat .... I've never fished a slicker line in my life and there are a very wide variety of versions available.

Check out this link:http://www.cortlandline.com/catalog/444SL-lines.html for the SL series

or check out this link for the full range:http://www.cortlandline.com/catalog/toc.php

Andre
    Thanks Andre !

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Andre
    Watch it boet! You have a rendezvouz with a pap gooi-ing waiter coming very soon and you don't want a repeat of last time do you?

I have a old Cortland saltwater series triangular taper line. It has endured a good 3 seasons of saltwater abuse and although it needs a good clean, having lost a lot of it's original slickness, the line still looks good. I can also highly recommend these lines
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

I agree with ebf- the Jim Teeny is insane. Best line I have ever had.

The cortland 555 little tunny is awsome and slick and clear camo in the int works for me as ive asked all the fish ive caught on it if they saw the line ?
    still no answer I have to work on my interrogation skills !
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast