Thread: Swartkops

Default Swartkops

Any news on how the Swartkops is fishing at the moment?
    "I know that I was born, and I know that I'll die. The inbetween is mine...I am mine!" Eddie Vedder

Those that put in the time have been rewarded. I have caught a few small leeries and cob. Lost what I thought was a handsome skippy in the mouth on the previous neap tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhlanzi View Post
    Those that put in the time have been rewarded. I have caught a few small leeries and cob. Lost what I thought was a handsome skippy in the mouth on the previous neap tide.
    where abouts you been fishing - around the mouth and bridge? I need to get back into the 'Kops next week...
    "I know that I was born, and I know that I'll die. The inbetween is mine...I am mine!" Eddie Vedder

Default Swartkops

Hi guys bean fishing Swartkops area twise a week for the last month caught only a few leeries and lost a big skieppie bit dangerous to fish alone like to fish brickfields and powerlines and I dont see alot of swimming prawn in the area

Good to see more EC guys on here, now I will have more people to pick on next time I go down.

I was there last three weeks ago, didn't fish Swartkops though.

The Krom was nice, lots of Leeries and Elf with some big fish over 5Kgs and saw a MASSIVE Grunter jump (also caught two cuttlefish there, a new item on my species list)

Saw a MASSIVE Skipjack (or a shark) in the Gamtoos though the Cob weren't playing along AT ALL (didn't get a single one, compared to lots on previous winter outing)

Van Stadens ... well ... big big big big mullet & not much else (could have been the dorks on their Jetski's that put the fish down)

Sundays was fishing well in my book, saw big fish of all kinds there.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.