Thread: Mosselbay Harbour

Default Mosselbay Harbour

Hi guys

Anyone ever tried Mosselbay Harbour on fly? I have caught mackerel and small shad there on bait many years ago. Wonder if there are some Leeries around. Also wonder if gullies in the area could be worthwhile if prospected with small Charlies and Salty Buggers. Guess I will have to wait till Dec to find out. Any comments on Stealth Travel 8/9wt rod? I consider purchasing one since my 8/9 Malachite's guides are badly worn and it will cost about the same to replace the guides than what the rod cost me!

Cheers

Hi there I will be in Mosselbay from the 16th and I have seen some good spots in peticular a spot in glentana from the beach that i wil be crawling over like a bad rash ,i am always looking for new fishing buddies,please give me a call and we can hook up and go see what is happening in the harbour,just around the corner i have seen Leeries at scurwebankies.

dewald

Default Mosselbay area

Hi Dewald, I will be in the area from 23 Dec till 02 Jan. I am leaving for PE on Sunday and will be trying Swartkops first - have had sucess there with Skipjack. I've booked Henkie Altena to show us around M-bay on 27 Dec. His guiding is really affordable and he sounds like a real nice and knowledgeble guy. My number is 082 4177 834

Cheers

Stef

hi stef i have fished with henkie once before,he was actualy so nice to invite me along with him one day when he just went to fish for a bit off fun.
    got you number will give you a shout
    cheers mate

Hi all!
    I've been down to Mosselbay for the past 4 years in a row and will do so the same as from the 16th Dec. Henk is quite the right choice as a cost effective guide to show one around and a pleasant character too. He would probably take you guys up the Kleinbrak river for some Leeries and Grunter as a lot of his customer has been successful on the brak fishing from his small boat. I've tried to target Grunter with him before by wading the "flats" of the Kleinbrak but it was unsuccessful due to winds and floods. Personally I do the good old surf fishing with bait cause my fly gear is not fit for saltwater fishing - I am planning on giving the brak a try on my 5/6 with poppers for Leeries. A good spot that I know of for Leeries is by the bridge where the highway crosses the Kleinbrak. There is a lovely cliff (limited space) with a deep channel running through the middle - some nice fish have been taken there before.
    No PAIN No Gain

NYMPHO

im driving down tomorow morning and i wil be casting my first cast hopefully before 5pm tomorrow.
    my number is abowe and i would love if you could give me a call and i will join you there at klein brak.

cheers vir eers

Ok sure, I'm also driving tomorrow
    No PAIN No Gain

Default Mossel Bay

Hi Guys

In Mossel myself now. I wouldn't mind some fishing company and perhaps a little guidance as it's my first time fishing down this way. I'm here 21 - 28 Dec. Give me a shout... 084 677 2581

Cheers
    Mark
    "I know that I was born, and I know that I'll die. The inbetween is mine...I am mine!" Eddie Vedder