Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Helpless

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I've been told that if you know what you are doing as far as their preparation is concerned Yellow fish is really good to eat... I've neither tried nor tasted it, this is purely the word of a Karoo farmer.
    Apparently 90% of Barkly and Rhodes inhabitants prefer yellowfish over trout. Baked or curried, they say it's delicious!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Been there done that and almost had the scars to proof it, but in the meantime I cooled down(age tend to do that). This topic have been discussed at length on other threads and forums. Sometimes for you own health all you can do is walk away. It is obvious this individual knew he was wrong, and have to live with his actions. He probably have been through a heated debate with some other fly guy some time or another, heck he probably is looking for it.

Phoning conservation is an option, but do not bet on it.

We as fly anglers in this cast catch much more yellows than a baity, been proven. So at least he won't kill that many.

What can you do, phone conservation, or walk away shaking your head.
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    Apparently 90% of Barkly and Rhodes inhabitants prefer yellowfish over trout. Baked or curried, they say it's delicious!
    Yellow ala poo(Vaalriver) or Yellow ala Orange.(Orangeriver)

I'd go for option 2 if any

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Warren,

I would have imitated Mario shaken head and walked away.I'm there to enjoy fishing,mind my own business,greet people if I see any,not to get in an argument with a hydrated local

Knowing those spots very well u will always have baities there having the odd drink or two keeping fish in nets and armed with some or other coffee grinder or dog.

He is allowed to keep 2 fish.For the rest u can't do anything about it.Once again maybe we should inform the venue owner and remind him of the legal catch limit and advice of possible legal or whatever action against him.

You see...but I'm a bit different in this case. So here is my 20 000 zim$!

Warren sun..yo bes defence on Vaal stream is yo wadding stic! (Meagi Sun)

You should have asked him why his getting so upset....your were just asking!

If he gets up to moer you....let him take the first swing! Then moer him with your wadding stick......and run like hell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    You see...but I'm a bit different in this case. So here is my 20 000 zim$!

Warren sun..yo bes defence on Vaal stream is yo wadding stic! (Meagi Sun)

You should have asked him why his getting so upset....your were just asking!

If he gets up to moer you....let him take the first swing! Then moer him with your wadding stick......and run like hell!!!

Ja Eugene,geen wonder jyt van jou perd af gedon........

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Ja Eugene,geen wonder jyt van jou perd af gedon........
    Ja ok Simon Koei!

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    From what i could gather his wife / girlfriend / friends were sitting under trees and had something going on the braai. Klippies were also flowing Now if you can afford

Entrance = R20.00
    Booze = R60.00
    meat and salads for the braai = R60.00
    travelling to your destination = R30.00 (guessing here)

Surely you dont need to catch yellows for substance
    This place sounds like a controlled water because they have an entrance fee. Maybe a small deterant would be to have a couple of sign boards up stipulating the catch limits and saying offenders will be prosecuted, or at least banned from the water. I know it's not full proof but it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    This place sounds like a controlled water because they have an entrance fee. Maybe a small deterant would be to have a couple of sign boards up stipulating the catch limits and saying offenders will be prosecuted, or at least banned from the water. I know it's not full proof but it's a start.
    you should meet the owner of Silwerstrome
    PK

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    you should meet the owner of Silwerstrome
    I have never had the pleasure, whats he about?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I have never had the pleasure, whats he about?
    He is about getting his R 20 entrance fee and nothing more, he will always tell you on arrival about the monster yellow that has been caught there just the previous day, and will never been seen anywhere close to the water.
    PK

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2