Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prince of Yellows

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    Getting guys like keith wallington, garth wellman,gary glenn young,turner wilkinson etc. to back it would be great, but it seems politics are a serious problem in all circles of fishing. Keith has the only dedicated yellows website, you should check it out. Man I would give my left b@ll to join you and explore, but alas, I really only travel that side maybe once in a year or two
    But if ever up here, contact me, i got good stretch of water here, and no one else fishing it. Biggest smallmouth i caught is a brute of nearly 13lb(my nick). For smallmouths you'll look far to get this type of fishing.
    Thanks Barbus, I will certainly take you up on that sometime
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Sounds like a good plan Barbus, we can certainly do something. I can take you to some territory locked stream yellows....by territory locked I mean they are confined to the upper reaches of a river that for the most part is so damn salty, nothing will venture up it, or down it for that matter. The upper reaches are still fresh though, and this is where they are, completely unspoilt and untouched and remote. It was one of my best discoveries ever!

Just a word of caution, keep that waters to yourself and only take people with you that you can trust. Many will suprise you by stabbing you in the back, and be on the look out for those weekend warriors. It's just about getting there and getting a fish, no matter the price or what happens to the enviroment. Just glad to hear they are still thriving up there. Do you have horst filters colt book on yellows? Good section on w/cape fish. Try keith, and email him, he's adress is on site (yellowsonfly.com). And I'll contact you, don't you worry if i'm in your neck of the woods.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Just a word of caution, keep that waters to yourself and only take people with you that you can trust. Many will suprise you by stabbing you in the back, and be on the look out for those weekend warriors. It's just about getting there and getting a fish, no matter the price or what happens to the enviroment. Just glad to hear they are still thriving up there. Do you have horst filters colt book on yellows? Good section on w/cape fish. Try keith, and email him, he's adress is on site (yellowsonfly.com). And I'll contact you, don't you worry if i'm in your neck of the woods.
    No, but thanks for the tip, I will look out for it. I am getting keener by the minute. Thanks for all the advice. Anyway, I need to go and scratch around for my goggles and stuff now for my big day tomorrow. Thanks again, and take care
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Actually not a bad idea at all Barbus. Since it is our own, I think a mag dedicated to this awesome family would be most fitting. The more I read about all you guys exploits, the more this yellow thing is grabbing me. I have been relatively quiet upto now, purely because i know so little about them, but am finding it more and more difficult to keep my trap shut. It is about time i start fishing more for some of the ones that i have discovered in my further afield prospecting trips I think. I know of quite a few populations within a 300km radius from Cape Town. They cant all be Clanwilliams either. I can kick myself for being so damn nieve...no excuse for it, but they will still be there. I dont need much of an excuse to head out and rediscover. Who's keen to join me?
    When I read this, I dropped my slice of half eaten pizza to reply and say:

"ME ME ME!! I'LL JOIN YOU!!!"

Anytime you want Chris, just say the word.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    When I read this, I dropped my slice of half eaten pizza to reply and say:

"ME ME ME!! I'LL JOIN YOU!!!"

Anytime you want Chris, just say the word.
    Anytime Grant. Let's keep it tight...You, me and Kevin. Anyway, cheers, i'm off!
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 02-12-06 at 06:00 PM.

No, but thanks for the tip, I will look out for it. I am getting keener by the minute. Thanks for all the advice. Anyway, I need to go and scratch around for my goggles and stuff now for my big day tomorrow. Thanks again, and take care
    Hope the dive was great. If you can't find book, let me know. Could send it to you, no problem.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Hope the dive was great. If you can't find book, let me know. Could send it to you, no problem.
    It was awesome thanks Barbus, I still cant get the whole thing out of my mind. Thanks for the kind offer, I'll let you know.

Prince of yellows? Witvis!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    Prince of yellows? Witvis!
    Are you serious Kevin? What about your lunker Clanwilliam? Eish Boet! As Dean rightly said, you are one of a literally a handful of guys to have caught a fish like the one you got,.... in the last 20 years! From a scarcity point of view, I would agree, the Witvis has to be number one, but the Clanwilliam is a close second. The Clanwilliam you caught was a trophy though, don't ever lose sight of that, no matter how many other awesome species you get to catch in the future. That single fish was a major accomplishment and one that I hope will remain tops on your list for a long time to come.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123