Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tying Sequence Index

Done! I put it in both, and Changed the heading of "Nymphs" to "Trout Nymphs"
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Another two flies Grant: (Both for Largemouth yellowfish)

1. MSP: http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=3321

2. Crystal Bugger: http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=3322

Shot! You are the Step By Step Master!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Shot! You are the Step By Step Master!
    haha...naah, just enjoy sharing! I wish we could get more participation though, would love to see more patterns from different guys.

Yeah I Know! I have been a bit soft lately too. Will try get one or two done this week....

Sorry in advance for the pain in the neck reply I'm going to post now...

Would it be possible, where the info is known, to please add to the original tying sequence the name of the insect that is being imitated?

It would be wonderful for me, as a newby, to see what the tier tried to imitate and to learn the specific insects that certain fish target.
    I know there is reference books, and I have some too, but very few of them do this, compare the finished fly to the "ware Jakob".

And secondly, the reason that I ask this is because almost none of the sm yellowfish flies are notated in any reference book. Yes there are base patterns, but not the exact "Atomic Worm", "Mustad caddis", etc matches.

This would go a long way for us noobs to identify the insects that is being fed on and then knowing this fly imitates the hatch and fish it. Usually when you look at a fly it is almost impossible to know what it imitates unless someone tells you, so I would be much in your debt if at all something like this would be possible.

If we do not know, then fine, but if we know what it imitates (or someone else in the replies knows and it can be added to the original), why not note this?

EDIT:
    I have a few patterns that work, but I have seen the flies in the shop on the shelf or in someones fly box, imitated it, but have NO idea what it is supposed to imitate, therefore I have no confidence in posting a tying sequence of my own...
    Last edited by MyWorld; 01-04-08 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Yeah I Know! I have been a bit soft lately too. Will try get one or two done this week....
    Me too Grant. I'll take do a couple as soon as I've dented my studying and have time to tie some more flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    haha...naah, just enjoy sharing! I wish we could get more participation though, would love to see more patterns from different guys.
    Ok, I'm going to try and do this with my cell phone. The pic's might not be that great but you will still see what needs to be done.

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

I would love to post some Step-by-Steps. I even took some sequence photos already. Now I must just fish the flies first... Anyway, as soon as I have spent some time actually gaining more confidence in the flies, I will be posting them.

Regards,
    PTN

ok, so can we post steps of flies that arn't our design? meaning, if i see a fly i like, can i tie it, take pics of my own ...even if it's a fly from a book?
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast