Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Salt Tying books?

Pop Fleyes is also available on kalahari (and on 24 hr delivery!!!), so if you have ebucks then that may be the place to get it from.

John

Eendag as ek oud (ouer?) en grys is.

I saw a book on SOUTH AFRICAN saltwater flies similar to the freshwater one by Bill-Hansford Steele. The freshwater one is really good so the saltwater one cant be too bad... It is also only about R100 and has info on retreives, spots to fish it, species to target, variations etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Sorry Salty, I am new to saltwater tying and bought those books for the Trout and Yellowfish flies, but now the saltwater sections are becoming useful.

I just had a look at netbooks and this one looks interesting to me:

Pop Fleyes by Bob Popovics

The Left Kreh one you mentioned also looks pretty cool but the Popovics one's description said it explains the thought process behind each fly and that would seem like a great way to understand the essential triggers in a saltwater fly to me. That is the knowledge I want, rather than the straight patterns.
    A must on your Christmas wish list! The book covers most of what you'll need out on the Blue, got myself a copy a while back and can't stop tying and experimenting.. defnitly deserves a honoury space on my bookshelve. What's nice about this book is that it explains "the method behind the madness" and why to try and "match the hatch" so to speak. Excelent if you just started tying your own saltwater flies or a old hand at it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2