Thread: Newbie off in search of the promised land.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Newbie off in search of the promised land.

Hello all.

I have been browsing this site for the last month or so and I am now suffering from a severe case of information overload. I was blessed to be introduced to flyfishing by one of my friends and on my first trip manage to land several sm yellow's.

I am off to my boet this comming easter weekend, it is the opening weekend of his guest farm in the Burgersdorp area, I will be spending the long wekeend wooing the farmers on the banks of the Orange river for some prime fishing spots that I have searched for on google earth.

I am looking forward to report on this trip soon, weather permitting and blessed with friendly farmers..

Thank you all for the information, tips and advice available on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by AB1 View Post
    Hello all.

I have been browsing this site for the last month or so and I am now suffering from a severe case of information overload. I was blessed to be introduced to flyfishing by one of my friends and on my first trip manage to land several sm yellow's.

I am off to my boet this comming easter weekend, it is the opening weekend of his guest farm in the Burgersdorp area, I will be spending the long wekeend wooing the farmers on the banks of the Orange river for some prime fishing spots that I have searched for on google earth.

I am looking forward to report on this trip soon, weather permitting and blessed with friendly farmers..

Thank you all for the information, tips and advice available on this site.
    welcome to the Forum, and I look forward to hearing about your Easter trip!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Welcome to the forum AB1, from another newbie.