Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fishing Saturday

Please excuse my ignorance guys but please give me some idea of how fast 165 cumecs is??? i did the Zambezi rafting when the river was in full flow are we talking that fast or would that be an exaggeration
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Having also floated down the Zambezi, I think it's tough to compare the two... I only went down the gorge and that is very different to the Vaal which is much wider and spread out, although there are places where it narrows.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

I think the fastest that I've waded the vaal at is about 70 and it was a wide flat section very easy wading, at 70 it was about waist deep and pushing hard. At 100 it would not have been possible to wade.

I've also waded a section at 17 and because of the structure it was impossible to cross it, to many big rocks, no grip, the channel was narrow and fast needless to say I swam it...

Hijack . . . .
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Sorry.. he asked.

No worries not like this thread was gonna get any action anyway so carry on at least it will be used
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    No worries not like this thread was gonna get any action anyway so carry on at least it will be used
    that was going to be my next comment...

You aren't getting much of a response anyway, might as well talk about anything else and avoid doing some real work.

Any takers yet Matt?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

nope you interested?

nope you interested?
    I'm dying to hit a stream. Where you going?
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2