Thread: G-Loomis FR10810-3CC Fly Rods

Talking G-Loomis FR10810-3CC Fly Rods

Hi there

I have an oppurtunity to buy a G-Loomis FR10810-3CC, 10wt 9 ft fly rod, which I hope to fish here in the UAE. Can anyone relate any experiences they have had with Gloomis products, and say whether they are good quality or not?
    Also, anyone got any ideas which reel would go well with this rod?

Thanks

Matt

Smile

Hi Beefybovril Iam using a G Loomis 5wt for fresh water excellent rod fits my casting style if u have the opportunity first make a few cast on the water there are so many different actions to choose from,but overall the build quality is excellent and it comes with a lifetime guarantee

Hi again Matt I can only recommend the Shilton range of wide arbor reels like the SL 6 with the G-Loomis rod ,but not sure if it is available on your side of the world it is great value for money but I think you know it is manufactured in SA.
    Last edited by Igme'; 25-03-08 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Igme' View Post
    Hi Beefybovril Iam using a G Loomis 5wt for fresh water excellent rod fits my casting style if u have the opportunity first make a few cast on the water there are so many different actions to choose from,but overall the build quality is excellent and it comes with a lifetime guarantee
    Hi Igme,

I have a 7wt Cross Current.Better than Sage That's why I bought it.

I would encourage any potential G Loomis buyer to buy from someone who sells a lot of these and have stock of your rod size.Don't get caught out like me.

Just a correction,the rod carries a warranty and not a guarantee.Big diffs.

U still pay for any replacement piece.Rods vary,G Loomis charge 20% of retail price.

Very leke rod indeed...

Note:I fish both Simano Biocraft and Eclipse reels on it but I'm in the hunt for some new reels.(Nothing wrong with the reels,just feel like shopping again)

Shilton and Stealth comes to mind.

Lets hope Gary reads this post and change the blue colour of the reel.To flashy for me.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 25-03-08 at 10:22 PM.

Talking

Jis Gerrit you right about alot of things like the guarantee and warranty thing and also about Sage .the grip on the Sage 5wt Z-axis felt a Little bit bulky in my hand I hold my rod normally very close to the reel.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by beefybovril View Post
    Can anyone relate any experiences they have had with Gloomis products
    Hi Matt,

Easy adjustable valcro strap to determine a good fit,nice colour but a bit thin wrt cover from the sun.More for casual wear I would say.

Just kidding bro,I did give some pointers above.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Lets hope Gary reads this post and change the blue colour of the reel.To flashy for me.
    me thinks i'm hurt and offended how else will i get my loyal customers to flash their goods without resorting to the usual name dropping. if i could get away with chartruse then you would see those.works for abel!!!!
    we will look at them when we get to reorder.

Quote Originally Posted by garyatstealth View Post
    me thinks i'm hurt and offended how else will i get my loyal customers to flash their goods without resorting to the usual name dropping. if i could get away with chartruse then you would see those.works for abel!!!!
    we will look at them when we get to reorder.
    Hi Gary,

U know I was just kidding around.I did discuss the matter with u last week as u know.Saw that reel again today,it's growing on me big time!!!!

Thanks for the info.....how do you suggest I get a shimano reel? How does delivery to the Middle East from SA?

Quote Originally Posted by beefybovril View Post
    Thanks for the info.....how do you suggest I get a shimano reel? How does delivery to the Middle East from SA?
    No idea.

Rather try from USA to Dubai.I think u stand a better chance