Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Yellow fish techniques

Default i agree

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Dirk, first time I've heard of a Zanbezi yellow, however if you are referring to Chessa or Nkupe then yes, but on light conventional bream tackle not fly, which is a pity because I believe pound for pound there is no better fighter in Southern African waters.
    Now that statement i can agree with.
    I was in Zim for 3 months fishing with my dad (spinner) before we got into "flying" and Chessa sure do put up a violent fight.
    Should head that way again some time
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Eyo!

Last year I was catching, Tigers and mushy bream.

I tell you what, I would not mind "bamba-ing" a Chessa on FLY, that thing is a freight train....awesome!

Sorry, I was fishing at Msuna Island on the Zambesi, eish! Phuza'd maningi chabuli's, zooooonnnnnky!

And you got Ja-dagwaed Sterhik i bet. This is fun but my spelling is awful I'm sure - phonetics in a language other than your home language are never easy.
    Check your knots!

This is lekker! Good old chilapa lapa.

In 1995, I was in Zimbo's and stayed in Nyanga, unfortunately I was not into fly fishing as yet, but boy that place is mush!

I saw a oke fishing the Pungwe river, I think that made me decide, I want to fly fish!

ps: we got nodoro'd at Msuna (I think that is the right word in Shona)

Of a different subject, how are the trout fishing in the eastern highlands. Last I heared it was going downhill ;(
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus13 View Post
    Of a different subject, how are the trout fishing in the eastern highlands. Last I heared it was going downhill ;(
    Dirk, as far as I'm aware the only place where there are still trout is at Troutbeck Lodge. I am lead to believe that all the river trout in the eastern highlands has been poached out by the locals. I just hope my information is wrong.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Dirk, as far as I'm aware the only place where there are still trout is at Troutbeck Lodge. I am lead to believe that all the river trout in the eastern highlands has been poached out by the locals. I just hope my information is wrong.
    Think it might be true, but one never knows. Seems there are still isolated populations in kenya,zambia,mozambique and even madagascar.
    But ja, same story in Lesotho, best place for trout, but locals keep the fish populations down and sizes also.
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

I was in Zim in 1995, the venues for Trout fishing at that stage were as said abouve, Troutbeck Inn, Mare Dam, Pungwe River, Rhodes Royal Inyanda and I think the last one we saw was Udu, I stand corrected. But this is a while back.

My friends visited a dam 26k's outside beitbridge, they caught some very nice bass (conventional tackle), but they said the lodge was doing very well, so maybe there is still hope for the place in general.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3