Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sage 12wt rod and Orvis 10wt reel for sale

Default Sage 12wt rod and Orvis 10wt reel for sale

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have some surplus gear that I'm not using so therefore selling. I know I'm over the ocean but thought there may be some guys interested in these.

Sage RPLXi 12wt with a double grip, 3 piece, sock, rod tube and warranty card - excellent condition - R3 700

SOLD ! - Orvis Mach V, Large Arbour, this reel is perfect for a 10wt rod and comes with 2 spare spools, one has never been used. 2 of the spools have 450m of pink Bionic Braid backing which I will leave on there.

There's a couple of surface scratches from wear and tear but this reel is in perfect working order. It's caught everything from marlin to tuna to yellowtail kings and a heap more. R2 700

Last edited by Jono Shales; 31-03-08 at 10:33 PM.

Hi Jono,
    Quick question would that reel be to light for a 12weight??
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

No I think it'll be a tad light for a 12wt. This one has just sold, sorry.

I have a Shilton SL7 with spare spool that I could be coaxed into getting rid of too. Let me know if you're interested.

Yup, anything is possible at the right price Will pm you now.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Shales View Post
    No I think it'll be a tad light for a 12wt. This one has just sold, sorry.

I have a Shilton SL7 with spare spool that I could be coaxed into getting rid of too. Let me know if you're interested.
    Hey Jono... you still got that Shilton? Why you selling, mate?
    "I know that I was born, and I know that I'll die. The inbetween is mine...I am mine!" Eddie Vedder

Yeah I still have the Shilton.

To be honest, I have a little too much gear and the Shilton isn't being used anymore. I've been fortunate enough to have been given a set of Mako Reels so will be using those until I'm old, then will pass them on to my kids ... and they can pass them on to their kids ...

This Sage 12wt gets zero use as I have other 12's that I use. This is a f#cking good rod!

What the hell is going on with the exchange rate ??? A few weeks ago it was 5 something to the Oz$, now its 7.5 !

I have a platinum coloured Shilton SL7 with a spare spool, both loaded with 50lb pink Bionic Braid backing. Matt (fish whisperer) has first pick as he contacted me first, but if he doesn't want it, I'll take some pics and load them onto here for you.

Hi guys,

If any one is intrested in buying anything from Jono I will be able to bring it to SA, Joburg or CPT, but only on the end of the month.

I'm going to Sydney on the 12th of April and returning on the 25th of April(That's if I get my visa in time, still waiting for it)

I would have loved to take that outfit off your hands, but my brother's wedding in Auz is costing me a arm and a leg!!!

Will be landing in Joburg on the 25th, then flying back to Cape Town on the same day, or maybe on the 28th still need to book the flight back...

I don't mind taking the rod / reel with me on the plane from Sydney...

Let me know

Cheers
    Shawn Townsend

Dude, bring a rod if you have one, drop me a line when you're here and I'll take you out on the Harbour for a fish of you want.

Was out this afternoon for a quick sundowner sesh and got 5 nice salmon, all between 6-8lbs. Great fun on the 6wt!

Hi Jono,

I'm planning on brining a 9wt and 4-5wt, wanted to bring my 6-7wt but its a 2piece... my brother phones me once a month, telling me about the dorado and what not he's catching, and he doesn't even like fishing.... makes me crazy.

Now I asked him if we can go fishing for at least one day, and he tells me "don't think there's going to be time for fishing..." well, he's in for a surprise, no way I'm leaving my rods at home. He's based in Mona Vale, think we'll be there for 3 days, then off to Moruya for 7 days. Did some research on Moruya, and almost cr@ped myself when I checked it out on Google Earth. How can there be no time for fishing if the house is on the banks of the Moruya river mouth.... I read stories of taylor smashing top water lures and salmon being caught from the beach at Moruya... so, I will be fishing, with or without him...

I will let you know closer to the time, thanks for the invite, would realy like to go fish with you for a day

Cheers
    Shawn

Shawn.....you got space for me in your suitcase?
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast