Page 116 of 635 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 166 216 616 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 6346

Thread: Vaal River Update

Quote Originally Posted by rory View Post
    OK I had look and I found it in the bakkie cab. But it definately needs to be "recharged"
    Boop Boop...Boop Boop...Boop Boop
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by rory View Post
    OK I had look and I found it in the bakkie cab. But it definately needs to be "recharged"
    Thank goodness! We wouldnt want to be left with no way of getting in contact with you. At least your phone can handle a bit of liquid. Mine is costing me some silly dolla to be repaired after I tried its waterproofing to ill effect...
    Last edited by AdrianPowrie; 04-05-09 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Spellcheck
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by SaGixer View Post
    Thank goodness! We wouldnt want to be left with no way of getting in contact with you. At least your phone can handle a bit of liquid. Mine is costing me some silly dolla to be repaired after I tried its waterproofing to ill effect...
    Boop Boop...WOULD SOMEONE PICK UP THE DAMN BLACKBERRY ALREADY
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Boop Boop...WOULD SOMEONE PICK UP THE DAMN BLACKBERRY ALREADY
    GGGEELLOOOO....
    I can like to Gelp joo?
    Regards
    Adrian

'Life is not a matter of holding good cards but of playing a poor hand well.' ~Robert Louis Stevenson

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.~ Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by SaGixer View Post
    GGGEELLOOOO....
    I can like to Gelp joo?
    hic! hic! hic!

LOL!

I just want to add a big thanks to you reprobates for good fun!
    The blackberry was indeed a lifesaver in the wee hours of the morn.
    Though, I think those black mambas didnt exactly help the equation!
    Thanks again to all, it was great to meet up and put some faces to names.
    Now I know who to run from if I see you dodgy buggers parked at saloon
    And last, but not least in the slightest, Koos you saved lives with the boerrie!
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Default Fishing the Vaal - Friday, 8 May 2009?

The flow is back to 31,33 (and increasing) from <20; after the thunderstorms and PLENTY OF RAIN we had in the area yesterday. Early this morning (05:00) there was still lightning to be seen in all directions - a beautiful scene despite the possible impact on fishing.

Full moon Saturday and good weather predictions for tomorrow - despite a VERY sore throat, I will be on the Vaal early tomorrow morning.

Anybody else fishing the Vaal near Parys tomorrow?

Anybody fished today?

FlyFanatic Banned User

Hi barend,

Decided to go have a fish this afternoon, spur of the moment kinda thing, and had a good day at schoemans. Caught 2 nice fish, one 2.2kg and the other about 1.5kg, and few smaller ones. All in excellent condition and fought like mad!! Lots of fun!

Interesting enough, caught the bigger one in an eddy off the rapids, and the others smack inside the rapids. All took a #14 black mayfly nymph on the point, heavy weighted caddis rockworm on the dropper.

Tried my luck on some dry fly fishing, but having no experience with that, had no luck.

Water was about 18deg, and flows was steady, but nothing unpleasant, water visibility was fair.

Enjoy the fishing tomorrow!

Default Report back

The day did not turn out as I was hoping (forgot my box with Largie flies next to the tying bench ); but it was great to get out for a few hours - driving to Eendekuil there was a beautiful full moon in front of me; the flow increased to 40 and it was very chilly - the entire morning. No sun as there was dense mist until 09:45 (when I was packing up).

Very little surface activity, other than debris coming downriver and a few carp rolling and jumping. Very few mayflies, but from 09:30 there were some caddis (not many, random caddis here and there).

There was however PLENTY of the small black 'flies' - order diptera I think, but I am unsure exactly which family they are - can someone please ID these (IMGP1335 & 1337)?

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I think those two you are wondering about are midges. Also called 'warmassies' in afrikaans. How big were they?

Page 116 of 635 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 166 216 616 ... LastLast