Thread: Vaal River Update

Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    Viz was nice at elgro today but fishing was harder. Caught some beauties though.

Attachment 22757

Attachment 22758
    Great going there Yella.
    Did you measure the water temp at all? I know that the Lodge used to measure the temp daily and post it on the blackboard outside the office.
    I have seen the water temp at Elgro to be 22 on 2nd May about 7 years ago.
    The water temp at GVP on Friday last week at 07:00 was 15.6 deg.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Hi Herman I didnt measure it, but it wasnt very cold, we waded without waders and it was completely OK.

Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    Hi Herman I didnt measure it, but it wasnt very cold, we waded without waders and it was completely OK.
    Hi Herman/yella.

I would guestimate it was above 16C but not over 17C in knee deep sections on that day?
    Dirk Human

Flyfishing for yellows...the most fun a man can have, with his clothes on, while standing up, holding a bar of gold in your hands.

Hey all, any updates in Vaal, just landed in sa for visit and was thinking of soaking some flies. It's been years since I caught yellows
    Fly-fishing surpasses the need to actually catch a fish, it becomes a mindset, and with time, an obsession.

Lord,grant that I may catch a fish so big that even I,
    When speaking afterwards,
    May have no need to lie.
    Amen

The river is cold and low and brown I can tell you that yesterday at about 16h30 I encountered one of the biggest Mayfly hatches ever. Saw some smallies rising....
    Gerrit Viljoen

Hi Guys,

I have a favour to ask:

Is anyone on here from JHB planning on fishing the Vaal over the next week or two and will be passing through Parys? I am buying fly lines from someone based there and would rather rely on a fellow fisherman than the post office. I can arrange for them to be dropped off at a shop on the main drag in Parys.

Please let me know if anyone is willing to help, I can compensate for the effort with a 2nd hand fly box or 2 or some tying materials...

Sam

Sam, I'll be there next Saturday, 31st. Will be happy to collect for you. PM the details.
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Quote Originally Posted by saml View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a favour to ask:

Is anyone on here from JHB planning on fishing the Vaal over the next week or two and will be passing through Parys? I am buying fly lines from someone based there and would rather rely on a fellow fisherman than the post office. I can arrange for them to be dropped off at a shop on the main drag in Parys.

Please let me know if anyone is willing to help, I can compensate for the effort with a 2nd hand fly box or 2 or some tying materials...

Sam
    I'm from Parys and will be passing through Johannesburg tomorrow morning. Send me a pm wif details.

Hi Ben dis ek sal moerse waardeer as jy lyne kan saamvat. Sal by jou aflaai?
    Gerrit Viljoen

Hi G,

I work in Spartan, if Ben cant help let me know, I can bring them to Vdbyl and we can then arrange getting them to you in Parys.

Best Regards

Jaco

Page 517 of 618 FirstFirst ... 17417467507508509510511512513514515516517518519520521522523524525526527567617 ... LastLast