Thread: Vaal River Update

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Leke fish Dion!
    Hi Gerrit

Thanks man!!!

Wonder how Succesfull the largie hunting has been in these conditions?? Quite good i suppose

Spoke to the owner of this Section of water and he has had some success in the last month or so!!

Herman ( Hermanator Jooste) says you are the man when it comes to Largies!!!!

Maybe one day we meet and find out?? Wouldnt mind a Photo with one of those!!

Cheers

Have a good weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by icstuff View Post
    Nice pics deon but where are the rest of your fingers and why is the fish's mouth open?
    Hey Hey Peter

You know where them fingers are at!!!!!!

Arme vissie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dion Gates View Post
    Hi Gerrit

Thanks man!!!

Wonder how Succesfull the largie hunting has been in these conditions?? Quite good i suppose

Spoke to the owner of this Section of water and he has had some success in the last month or so!!

Herman ( Hermanator Jooste) says you are the man when it comes to Largies!!!!

Maybe one day we meet and find out?? Wouldnt mind a Photo with one of those!!

Cheers

Have a good weekend!!
    What conditions, the high flows? I like a rising river fish are always on the move vs a dropping river. Stable flows are first prize but it's a tailwater and changing all the time today's prime lie is tomorrow's crap lie that's what is so exciting about LM fishing everyday is different you can't plan ahead it's a daily approach well at least that's how I go about it.

A whole bunch of us fishedord Nebo yesterday. Flows were around30 on arrival and only stsrted rising at about 11:30 in the morning. I know that Tiaan, ( Yella ) and Christo were planning on fishing untill around 3 pm, so maybe the can shed more light on the flows later in the day. wouldn't say tht the fishing was off the wall, but I'm pretty sure that nobody blanked.
    I managed 4 yellows and a muddie. Flies that worked were hot spots and for me a mustard caddis.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by The Largie Whisperer View Post
    Two Day Canoe Marathon 1-2 November 2014.
    Please take note that this marathon will take place on Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 November 2014. Where possible, please inform riparian owners of changes in water levels.
    NB: BARRAGE LEVEL 100% ON 1 NOVEMBER 2014.
    Releases from Vaal Dam will be as follows:
    24/10/2014: 06:00 Vaal Dam will cut back to 15m/s.
    01/11/2014:00:01 Vaal Dam will open to 40m/s (4 valves 100% + 1 valve 50%).
    01/11/2014: 10:00 Vaal Dam will cut back to 16m/s (normal outflow).
    Releases from the Vaal Barrage must be as follows:
    01/11/2014: 10:00 Barrage must open to 90m/s.
    02/11/2014: 05:00 Barrage must cut back to 40m/s.
    02/11/2014: 08:00 Barrage must cut back to 10m/s (normal outflow).
    Takkie Ltter: Chief Water Control Officer Vaal Dam
    Tel: (016) 371-3039
    So water levels should drop again in the next couple of days? Maybe I'll try again round wednesday or thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by karoo View Post
    So water levels should drop again in the next couple of days? Maybe I'll try again round wednesday or thursday.
    Dropped yesterday already it looks really low this sucks!

Ai tog. Will still go have a look. Hows the temperature?

Herman the flow seemed to go higher, but it got rainy and cold so I left just a while after you. I dont know how chris went, but the fishing wasnt great for me in the higher flows after you left.

Quote Originally Posted by yella View Post
    Herman the flow seemed to go higher, but it got rainy and cold so I left just a while after you. I dont know how chris went, but the fishing wasnt great for me in the higher flows after you left.
    Yeah, it got damned cold with that persistent rain.:frown:

You however got your PB earlier in the morning. How about posting the pic and the story. PLEEEEEZZZZEE.:biggrin:
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Drove past the Barrage now now gates closed pappa!!!!

Page 568 of 635 FirstFirst ... 68468518558559560561562563564565566567568569570571572573574575576577578618 ... LastLast