Thread: Vaal River Update

has any one here booked the 24 /25 at arends nes?

Blog Entries

I was there on Sunday for a few hours in the afternoon. Just crossing the first channel I picked up 4 fish in 10 minutes. 3 muddies and a yellow. In the back channel I picked up a carp and two more yellows. Lots of fish around, I did also noticed them feeding super shallow.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Nice to meet you too Dollar next time I will come introduce myself. Tight lines friend.

boy o boy, the vaal was on fire on saturday. started off fishing the french leader and that was too easy. changed the rod for streamers and wow, had a ball of a time. at lunch time while sitting under the trees with my presunto sarmies i noticed how the fish started raising so without delay i pulled out the 4wt 9 ft for dry and caught fish after fish.
    sad thing for the day - was the number of fish with sores on them, just hope anglers arent being too rough when handling them, so please guys, be gentle, use the landing net, barbless hooks etc, thanks
    wierd thing for the day - i saw no one of the water from 6am, a bit later one or two but after lunch, it looked like the hatch with scores hitting the water, maybe they work half day on saturday or it was the affects of the recent storm over moz.

Don't even think about fishing in the Vaal for the next 2 weeks, it's flooded. The water is actually flowing over some over the bridges.

Vaal Dam 82% full this morning.
    It filled up in 4 days, from Monday morning at 64.8% to 82,6% this morning, and the outflow from Grootdraai dam is about 500cumecs towards the Vaal Dam as well.
    Outflow at Vaal dam 15 cumecs.
    But a little downstream at Goosebay Canyon flow is 298 cumecs.
    Bloemhof dam, last year this time was 17% full.
    This morning up to 62%
    The Orange river at Aliwal North was flowing at 1500 cumecs this morning but now about 1100cumecs.
    The Gariep dam jumped from 61% last week to 72% today.
    A lot of water in the system.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

thats brilliant, love it, thanks to the heavens
    just unhappy i cant pursue the yellows this weekend, unhappy thinking i'll have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for the water to clear for some dry fly action, unhappy gordon made unwanted changes

Will the river be fishable this weekend? We planned a drift but flows are not looking good for successful fishing!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

no... the cloud burst last night will affect it even more. All albertons water goes to the klip river and then the vaal. Dont waste your time, rebook if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterza View Post
    Will the river be fishable this weekend? We planned a drift but flows are not looking good for successful fishing!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Look here. http://www.yellowfish.co.za/

i.e. don't go anywhere near the Vaal.

Page 609 of 618 FirstFirst ... 109509559599600601602603604605606607608609610611612613614615616617618 LastLast