Page 616 of 618 FirstFirst ... 116516566606607608609610611612613614615616617618 LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6172

Thread: Vaal River Update

Hi All
    I'll be at Bloemhof dam over the coming weekend and would like to flyfish a couple of days after the weekend in the Vaal around Bloemhof or on may way back to Rustenburg. Any venues on the vaal in that area that you people can advise ?? Thanks in advance.

2. Default

Enige iemand al die vaal probeer onlangs? Is die geeles al woelig en honger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fished the Vaal on Sunday near Vaal de Sioleh. Muddies are spawning in the shallows. Water is in a shocking condition, white foam all over We have never experienced this much pollution on the Vaal before, especially in the dome area. Besides the smell the water just looked k@k, looked like the water in your sink after you have done the dishes. I have not used my waders in 3 years, considering taking them out until the river had a good flush.

Between three of us we managed 11 yellows most 1.3kg +, 17 muddies and I battled a 10kg+ carp for 30min that took my Czech Nymph on the 6wt, sadly could not fit him into my landing net.

Flies that worked size 16 & 18 Caddis Larva (Green and brown), Copper John, and Mustard Caddis.
    “What a tourist terms a plague of insects, the fly fisher calls a great hatch.” ~ Patrick F.

Blog Entries

Yip man, the Vaal is ****ing disgraceful at the moment. I saw so many dead fish - Largies and Smallies, all big. Didnt see on alive yellowfish, only muddies spawning and the odd carp. I heard now that the DWAF isnt opening the sluices to flush until we have a big rain - so its going to be like that for awhile. There has been some sewage spills upstream, hence the terrible water condition. Worst I have ever seen it. I am ****ing furious about it.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Yip man, the Vaal is ****ing disgraceful at the moment. I saw so many dead fish - Largies and Smallies, all big. Didnt see on alive yellowfish, only muddies spawning and the odd carp. I heard now that the DWAF isnt opening the sluices to flush until we have a big rain - so its going to be like that for awhile. There has been some sewage spills upstream, hence the terrible water condition. Worst I have ever seen it. I am ****ing furious about it.
    Reading this and thinking about the Lower Orange, where I drank the water straight from the river for 4 days and not a problem.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Reading this and thinking about the Lower Orange, where I drank the water straight from the river for 4 days and not a problem.
    Its going to take a very long time for the water to get all the way down there! There was a sewage spill and its ****ed everything up. I actually cant believe how devastated the water looked. I wouldnt have wet-waded . . .
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Hello all. I am planning a camping / fishing trip to Oord Nebo and want to know what the conditions are like? Last year it took a turn for the worse when we camped there with unkempt lawns, no hot water in the ablutions and roof nearly blown off the ablutions. There were also a few new buildings going up.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
    Et1

To fish is human,
    to throw back is divine

you asked for a flushing of the system, seems your prayers has been answer.
    HUGE STORM
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...oburg-20171009
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Fished Woelwaters on Sunday. Water was in decent condition, no foam or visible dead fish. Loads of barbel all over the place. And of course, I blanked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Louw View Post
    Fished Woelwaters on Sunday. Water was in decent condition, no foam or visible dead fish. Loads of barbel all over the place. And of course, I blanked.
    My Italian friend, who fished numerious world championships and have a couple of medals as well, after I asked him "Have you ever blanked at the worlds?" as I thought he is so good, it is impossible for him to blank, He replied the one worlds he blanked all 5 sessions, I replied, with big shock " how did that happen?"
    His reply " Oh, very easy. "
    Korrie Broos

Page 616 of 618 FirstFirst ... 116516566606607608609610611612613614615616617618 LastLast