Page 10 of 635 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 510 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaal River Update

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Please could someone give me a quick over view on how flow rates are worked out and what are the best and worst flow rates for fishing the vaal.
    Nicholas, the flow rates being shown are relative to the barrage or Goose bay Canyon. IMHO they mean squat in relation to where we are going.
    Where we are staying is on the Vaal, 20 k's away you are on the Orange where flows of 500 are easy peasy. 20K's upstream we have a Vaal tributary

Don,t wory about the flows, just draw up the 4 day Menu for approval by OMR.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Nicholas, the flow rates being shown are relative to the barrage or Goose bay Canyon. IMHO they mean squat in relation to where we are going.
    Where we are staying is on the Vaal, 20 k's away you are on the Orange where flows of 500 are easy peasy. 20K's upstream we have a Vaal tributary

Don,t wory about the flows, just draw up the 4 day Menu for approval by OMR.

From my understanding it sounds like the menu needs to be liquid
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    From my understanding it sounds like the menu needs to be liquid
    Nahhh, we need something to "firm up " the liquid which is not restricted to "meal times". In fact the golden nectar is normally imbibed from eye's open to eye's closed, ( wherever that may be. One of the participants has been known to "saw logs" on a rough concrete ledge at lunch time.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    unfair totally unfair, I am still working the w/e, it must rain
    LOL - IT guys work that is a joke all we do is browse the internet all day

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Nahhh, we need something to "firm up " the liquid which is not restricted to "meal times". In fact the golden nectar is normally imbibed from eye's open to eye's closed, ( wherever that may be. One of the participants has been known to "saw logs" on a rough concrete ledge at lunch time.
    It's because his fertile mind is always busy drawing up food menus for the thirsty battlescarred wading warriors..

Maybe we should bring Justin from 'Cooked' along as well, he seems to able to mix a mean SA-version of a Bloody Mary and other compulsory breakfast foods..
    This may blend well with Nick's corned hash..

Quote Originally Posted by mikesch View Post
    LOL - IT guys work that is a joke all we do is browse the internet all day
    but, you should also know when something is sceduled for a w/e(like a Oracle upgrade on a productive SAP system) you work
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Pieter I know what you mean, we've done half of the years planning and i'm booked for upgrades, installations and technology level maintenance for about 80% of the weekends up until July. RPA better let me know well in advance when there are competitions and trials. I have to book leave even for a weekend.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    It's because his fertile mind is always busy drawing up food menus for the thirsty battlescarred wading warriors..

Maybe we should bring Justin from 'Cooked' along as well, he seems to able to mix a mean SA-version of a Bloody Mary and other compulsory breakfast foods..
    This may blend well with Nick's corned hash..
    If you can get hold of the him bring him along at least he will get to see a proper lads weekend and not one of those stuck up rich kids weekend.... i get a feeling thats its going to be more actionx than bbc food
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Maybe we should be on that new Crime channel..

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Maybe we should be on that new Crime channel..
    I have a feeling after Douglas we will be especially if we visit the Hotel...
    Last edited by wernerm; 16-02-08 at 11:12 AM.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Page 10 of 635 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 510 ... LastLast