Page 127 of 635 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 177 227 627 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 6346

Thread: Vaal River Update

FlyFanatic Banned User

LMAO!

Hehe jup that water was freezing.. no bloody fish could swim in that!!

Thanx again Herman for inviting me and also to Rory and Tyronne for a great day out!

Still wondering when Rory hooked that frozen muddy to his line.. Come to think of it.. thats why it was so pale!!

Looking forward to the next one!!!

I would have loved to have joined you chaps, but alas, work got in the way. Again...

Rory, thanks for the potts yesterday. It was great seeing everyone again.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

I was on the Vaal too today...but was hunting the largies again.
    Big Bad Blank...

Wind was pumping...was a mission rowing, and casting into a frikkin gale force wind...ja well no fine. Wasn't pleasant out there.
    I see the barometer dipped slightly...dunno if that had an effect. I didn't even see the usual carp splashes, barber bubbles, nothing. Water was 12 Deg C...viz was worse than last weekend...about 50cm, but still murky as anything. I saw zero fish activity...

Called it a day at 4pm...was sick of the wind. And with no trolling motor today...not fun.

At least I got to swim all my new fly patterns....

Booger Rose Banned User

[QUOTE=
    The 3 Mouseketeers, Flyfanatic, Tye 2, Rory.
    done.[/QUOTE]

The good, the bad and the ugly - all posing as the ugly!

FlyFanatic Banned User

lol booger.. u jealous mate??
    Last edited by FlyFanatic; 23-08-09 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Some of us who survived yesterday ( with whatever happened wherever we were ) tried out a new possie today.
    The water was cold, fecking cold , 9 deg . As Flyfanatic put it so eloquently when asked , " Dis P!ss Koud ".
    Maybe he will have learned that waders are NOT a luxury
    Fishing wise was as expected, with Rory being the winner of the strafdop by catching the only fish.
    All in all , a beutifull morning, thanks chasps fpr sharing it with me.
    Pics below, L 2 R.
    A view upriver,
    Flyfanatic ( Jaco ) showing us how it should be done.
    Well played chaps, nice venue that - very cold though and the wading can be a biaatch. I've taken a couple long swims there.

I also hit the vaal today below Parys for the PM session but it was dead quiet - I managed one smallie just under 2kgs on a strip leach and that was pretty much it - the river was dead. We only spotted a couple rises as it was getting dark but we had laughed it off by then.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Also hit the Vaal yesterday. Got one SM of about 3.5Kg nymphing the deeper back water. Olk was in full spawning dress......nogal pretty. Between me and Carl we also managed 5 muddies. There was a thick BWO hatch around 2....but noting rising to it. Wind was not that bad......all and all, a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Some of us who survived yesterday ( with whatever happened wherever we were ) tried out a new possie today.
    The water was cold, fecking cold , 9 deg . As Flyfanatic put it so eloquently when asked , " Dis P!ss Koud ".
    Maybe he will have learned that waders are NOT a luxury
    Fishing wise was as expected, with Rory being the winner of the strafdop by catching the only fish.
    All in all , a beutifull morning, thanks chasps fpr sharing it with me.
    Pics below, L 2 R.
    A view upriver,
    Flyfanatic ( Jaco ) showing us how it should be done.
    Thanks for the invite Herman, much appreciated. It was good to fish with old Tye2 for a change, and to meet Jaco. This trip has to be remembered as probably the only trip that Tye2 didn't do the Vaal shuffle on! Lol! Especially after the debate he and I had with William Grant the previous evening!
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

The hatch on Sunday was pretty decent but there was absolutely no surface activity - except one carp that kept getting excited. Everything else was perfect - very little wind, warm weather - nice day out though.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    The hatch on Sunday was pretty decent but there was absolutely no surface activity - except one carp that kept getting excited. Everything else was perfect - very little wind, warm weather - nice day out though.
    "Very little wind"...geez Bru, where were you??? I was in Parys, and the wind was PUMPING down my stretch of river. I called it a day at 4pm because it was just not pleasant casting and rowing in those conditions.

Page 127 of 635 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 177 227 627 ... LastLast