Page 606 of 635 FirstFirst ... 106 506 556 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 6346

Thread: Vaal River Update

I headed out to Arendsnes on Sunday, managed to get onto the water by about 12:30. Managed to get a small yellow +- 12cm long. Got broken off by what felt like decent sized fish in one of the fast rapids and managed to loose more flies in 30 minutes due to breakages than I have in the last 3 years combined.
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Jade... question if I may..... Why would anyone in their right mind, actually go looking for carp??? sies man. that like having this beautiful rose garden, and saying to your missus..., "honey, I'm just going outside to look at the weeds".....
    Ha ha Andre, a few weeks ago I was in the same mentality as you describe, as I head to the Vaal with Pieter Taljaard. At the end of the day, I sight fished to and hooked into about 12 carp, of which I never landed one. I love sight fishing more than I love blindly czech nymphing. Its like looking at your rose garden and suddenly that ugly weed has now blossomed into a beautiful(in its own kind of way) yet overlooked trophy fish . . .
    Last edited by JadeDsantos; 04-04-16 at 11:37 AM.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Its like looking at your rose garden and suddenly that ugly weed has now blossomed into a . . .
    not all weeds are as bad as they seem. Where there is smoke.....
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Haaa...Jade, you know me and carp...Im a total trout and, yellowfish snob. Im certainly not going to go to the Cape streams to catch bass, so I wouldn't go to the Vaal to catch carp...come to think of it, I wouldn't go the the Vaal to catch coliforms or jippoguts either. I have never caught a carp (thankfully) and when I do, I hope I am with a fishing buddy, because I aint going to touch that thing.... rrrrrrrrr...yuk.
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Ha ha Andre, a few weeks ago I was in the same mentality as you describe, as I head to the Vaal with Pieter Taljaard. At the end of the day, I sight fished to and hooked into about 12 carp, of which I never landed one. I love sight fishing more than I love blindly czech nymphing. Its like looking at your rose garden and suddenly that ugly weed has now blossomed into a beautiful yet overlooked trophy fish . . .
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Haaa...Jade, you know me and carp...Im a total trout and, yellowfish snob. Im certainly not going to go to the Cape streams to catch bass, so I wouldn't go to the Vaal to catch carp...come to think of it, I wouldn't go the the Vaal to catch coliforms or jippoguts either. I have never caught a carp (thankfully) and when I do, I hope I am with a fishing buddy, because I aint going to touch that thing.... rrrrrrrrr...yuk.
    Ha ha ha ah Andre thats very funny. Dont knock it till you've tried it. I suppose its about new challenges for me, I have never really done it, and its interesting exploring something new. New flies, tactics and techniques, but mostly, its the sight fishing that makes it exciting. When a 10kg carp is tailing 2 metres from you its pretty exciting hooking up and then hanging on for the ride. Touching them is another matter, I still havent gotten to that point yet, I usually draw the line at catching and touching barbel . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    not all weeds are as bad as they seem. Where there is smoke.....
    I woundn't try smoke carp . . . although I hear its one of the only ways to make it palatable . . .
    Last edited by JadeDsantos; 04-04-16 at 02:16 PM.

Carp, Muddies, Barbell stink no thanx my flies deserve better!

Agree a hundred percent... could probably put bass into that as well.:biggrin:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Tamer View Post
    Carp, Muddies, Barbell stink no thanx my flies deserve better!
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Oh ja forgot about those those flippen things are swimming around lekke below the Barrage....

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Tamer View Post
    Oh ja forgot about those those flippen things are swimming around lekke below the Barrage....
    WHERE?! I havent been able to find any!

Page 606 of 635 FirstFirst ... 106 506 556 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... LastLast