Page 12 of 635 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaal River Update

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Hello Young Man,

How about size + difficult waters?

My PB in the water we both know is 2.8. I've seen 4kg+ SM in those waters.
    Never mind the 6.5kg LM taken by a bait fisherman by the submerged willows at the bottom of the pool.

Guess where I'm spendimg most of the winter weekends.
    Guess where I'm joining you?

hmmmm, the Schoemans drift data has not been updated in almost a week now... Wonder who stole the equipment down there...

Hello Young Man,

How about size + difficult waters?

My PB in the water we both know is 2.8. I've seen 4kg+ SM in those waters.
    Never mind the 6.5kg LM taken by a bait fisherman by the submerged willows at the bottom of the pool.

Guess where I'm spendimg most of the winter weekends.
    I'll be spending mine at u know where. I think u took 9 or something there the other day.That is paradise park deluxe.

G

Ps.Mike,ur coming?

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post
    hmmmm, the Schoemans drift data has not been updated in almost a week now... Wonder who stole the equipment down there...
    It's usually a problem with the radio link.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Default Vaal River Update

I thought that for once we would follow the Slaaaaapenaaars and post one thread for updates on the guys fishing on the Vaal.

Took Shamwari for his second Vaal outing to Strome today. Flows were around 40 ( guestimate ) so did not pull the Noah trick. Even though Shamwari is young and fit rowing back upstream for 3k's against those flows would have been cruel.
    The good news is that Shamwari has NOT blanked on his first 2 trips to the Vaal. He got about 4 yellows and his VERY FIRST muddie today. A nice specimen of 1.9kg, on a 4# noggal. ( I'll leave it to him to post the pic's, which I hope he does, just so that you all can see that GRIN .)
    Flies that worked: Orange PTN hotspot, FB nymph, and dark olive rockworm.
    All in all a very pleasant morning.

Also nice to meet another forumer, Gerhard aka "Flashback" ( I hope I got that right ). He actually got me thinking about a WINTER Vaal 8?. at Strome, floatation devices, boats etc a MUST plus bloody warm clothes.
    Dry fly fishing ONLY for SM, other OK for LM.
    And you all say ??????????????
    Last edited by Herman Jooste; 30-03-08 at 03:56 PM.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

I thought that for once we would follow the Slaaaaapenaaars and post one thread for updates on the guys fishing on the Vaal.

Took Shamwari for his second Vaal outing to Strome today. Flows were around 40 ( guestimate ) so did not pull the Noah trick. Even though Shamwari is young and fit rowing back upstream for 3k's against those flows would have been cruel.
    The good news is that Shamwari has NOT blanked on his first 2 trips to the Vaal. He got about 4 yellows and his VERY FIRST muddie today. A nice specimen of 1.9kg, on a 4# noggal. ( I'll leave it to him to post the pic's, which I hope he does, just so that you all can see that GRIN .)

Also nice to meet another forumer, Gerhard aka "Flashback" ( I hope I got that right ). He actually got me thinking about a WINTER Vaal 8?. at Strome, floatation devices, boats etc a MUST plus bloody warm clothes.
    I say yes!

Talking

Thanks for the report

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I say yes!
    That's 2 in 10 minutes.

BTW kickboats/tubes etc. wil be fine as the flows SHOULD be around 8 - 10 cumecs. I,m looking forward to this already. OB'S by the GALLON, COFFEEE by the gallon, OMR's hip flask. Yeahh Baby
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

That's 2 in 10 minutes.

BTW kickboats/tubes etc. wil be fine as the flows SHOULD be around 8 - 10 cumecs. I,m looking forward to this already. OB'S by the GALLON, COFFEEE by the gallon, OMR's hip flask. Yeahh Baby
    I'll have to organise an Ark somewhere...this winter, it's me and some venues and some largies / big smallies....

All sounds good, well done and roll on winter OV!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Page 12 of 635 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast