Page 633 of 635 FirstFirst ... 133 533 583 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 6346

Thread: Vaal River Update

Yip man, the Vaal is ****ing disgraceful at the moment. I saw so many dead fish - Largies and Smallies, all big. Didnt see on alive yellowfish, only muddies spawning and the odd carp. I heard now that the DWAF isnt opening the sluices to flush until we have a big rain - so its going to be like that for awhile. There has been some sewage spills upstream, hence the terrible water condition. Worst I have ever seen it. I am ****ing furious about it.
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    Yip man, the Vaal is ****ing disgraceful at the moment. I saw so many dead fish - Largies and Smallies, all big. Didnt see on alive yellowfish, only muddies spawning and the odd carp. I heard now that the DWAF isnt opening the sluices to flush until we have a big rain - so its going to be like that for awhile. There has been some sewage spills upstream, hence the terrible water condition. Worst I have ever seen it. I am ****ing furious about it.
    Reading this and thinking about the Lower Orange, where I drank the water straight from the river for 4 days and not a problem.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Reading this and thinking about the Lower Orange, where I drank the water straight from the river for 4 days and not a problem.
    Its going to take a very long time for the water to get all the way down there! There was a sewage spill and its ****ed everything up. I actually cant believe how devastated the water looked. I wouldnt have wet-waded . . .
    Check out some of my FF pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30562135@N07/

Hello all. I am planning a camping / fishing trip to Oord Nebo and want to know what the conditions are like? Last year it took a turn for the worse when we camped there with unkempt lawns, no hot water in the ablutions and roof nearly blown off the ablutions. There were also a few new buildings going up.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
    Et1

To fish is human,
    to throw back is divine

you asked for a flushing of the system, seems your prayers has been answer.
    HUGE STORM
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...oburg-20171009
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)

Fished Woelwaters on Sunday. Water was in decent condition, no foam or visible dead fish. Loads of barbel all over the place. And of course, I blanked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Louw View Post
    Fished Woelwaters on Sunday. Water was in decent condition, no foam or visible dead fish. Loads of barbel all over the place. And of course, I blanked.
    My Italian friend, who fished numerious world championships and have a couple of medals as well, after I asked him "Have you ever blanked at the worlds?" as I thought he is so good, it is impossible for him to blank, He replied the one worlds he blanked all 5 sessions, I replied, with big shock " how did that happen?"
    His reply " Oh, very easy. "
    Korrie Broos

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    you asked for a flushing of the system, seems your prayers has been answer.
    HUGE STORM
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...oburg-20171009
    Most of this water will go directly to Harties and not the Vaal catchment though

Quote Originally Posted by Et1 View Post
    Hello all. I am planning a camping / fishing trip to Oord Nebo and want to know what the conditions are like? Last year it took a turn for the worse when we camped there with unkempt lawns, no hot water in the ablutions and roof nearly blown off the ablutions. There were also a few new buildings going up.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
    Two mates and I took a drive to Oord Nebo on Sunday to firstly check out the conditions and also cast a fly at a Yellow or two. The advent of the bad weather heading North put paid to our chances with a radical drop in air pressure, the conditions were tough with the water feeling cold and viz at 10cm. Fishing in waders where the bizness and after a 4 hour session, i had 2 on / off's; my one Cormorant mate a juvenile yellow and my other mate a broken pair of new wading boots after a two hour session.

So the positives were:
    1. We had great Boeries for lunch fresh from the braai with Medemens relish
    2. There are positive changes happening at Oord Nebo
    3. It was a great day out of Jozi
    Et1

To fish is human,
    to throw back is divine

Quick feedback:
    We had some good fun with the Barbel on fly at Bloemhof dam-some really big ones around. Fishing for smallmouth at the bridge/ weir just next to Bloemhof was very good the first day and non existent the next day. Pity about the local we saw netting with a "gooinet" in the rapids, targeting yellows in the process, and one guy jigging . The owner of the resort phoned the police about it but nothing happened.

Page 633 of 635 FirstFirst ... 133 533 583 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 LastLast