Page 634 of 635 FirstFirst ... 134 534 584 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,340 of 6346

Thread: Vaal River Update

Catch of the day yesterday 16lb Largie.

GOPR0734.jpg IMG_8617.jpg
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 28-10-17 at 07:23 AM.

Lovely stuff Gerrit, a shame I was in Parys last week with all the thunder storms! I will call you in the week on the stuff we are discussing. PS everybody as Chairman of FOSAF Northern Region Ive a meeting in a week with the MECs (Members of Executive Committee) of Free State, North West and Gauteng on the state of the middle Vaal. Please feel free reply via this post but on specific info please email me directly on chris@williamsandwilliams.co.za. I'm looking especially for info as regards the recent pollution of the river, poaching and positive ideas to improve same. FYI we are also kicking off a youth education/river health programme nationwide. See FOSAF website and/or African Flyfishing magazine previous issue for details. A travesty when my family take me to a birthday lunch in Parys and the waitron refuses to serve us tap water as too many customers have been sick following drinking same...anyway all enjoy fishing this weekend even if its only snuggling under a duvet like the fish...
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

PS all/anyone please feel free to provide info via the forum or direct to me if its confidential. The request for info is to you all not just to Gerrit! The more I know the stronger case I can present! Thanks Chris

Shot Chris chat later in the week. Have some info regarding nets and sewerage.

Thanks Gerrit, exactly the type of ammo I need! Cheers C

Fished Eendekuil yesterday
    It was packed with people. Nice to see everyone enjoying a day out. The visibility of the river was good and you could spot fish early in the morning. Thereafter fish moved into deeper darker water.
    I did not stay late but I suspect fish would have moved back into rapids.
    It was not easy going. hooked most fish on a dark brown caddis and green flashback nymph. Fish was also caught on a red bloodworm.
    Just one more cast.......... make it count ...........

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend.

The Vaal Hackle Fly-fishing resort in the Vredefort Dome area is for sale. Contact Rian Strydom (0832711483) for more info.

Vaal Hackle area: 1.38 ha
    Woonhuis met drie slaapkamers
    Vyf naweek chalets
    Toesighouers beskikbaar

fished there in October. beautiful place. well kept. GLWS
    Doug Larson said, "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Correct. On behalf of FOSAF and South Africa I'm delivering an address in VDB Park Saturday on behalf of avail fishers/community. Any latest bits of objective info welcome!

Thanks, cheers Chris

OMR and I met up weekend before last at one of our favourite spots below Parys . He was AS USUAL late, and arrived only as I was packing up.
    The flows were around 35 tons and temp I guess about 20. Vis was good at 40 cm.
    I fished from the bottom up, and eventually got two yellows of around a kilo each. Flies that worked were again the black nymph and a green olive nymph.
    Chris fished the arvie section and did well.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 634 of 635 FirstFirst ... 134 534 584 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 LastLast