Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Commonwealth Flyfishing Champs in NZ

Default Commonwealth Flyfishing Champs in NZ

Guys I thought I would start a new thread on the Commonwealth champs here in NZ so that it is all in one place.

There are two sites with info on, here are the links;http://www.hastingsanglers.org.nz/

http://www.flyfishing.org.nz/index.c...th+Champs+2008

The river has been reported as being extremely low and fishing will be hard so all the teams will need to be at the top of their game. Lets hope they all show their full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh View Post
    Guys I thought I would start a new thread on the Commonwealth champs here in NZ so that it is all in one place.

There are two sites with info on, here are the links;http://www.hastingsanglers.org.nz/

http://www.flyfishing.org.nz/index.c...th+Champs+2008

The river has been reported as being extremely low and fishing will be hard so all the teams will need to be at the top of their game. Lets hope they all show their full potential.
    Cheers Mikeh

i just asked this question on the proteas left today post..thanks very much for the info..
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Hi
    Can Pierre make up another voting system, where we can vote, who will do the best of the SA competitors?
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Maybe one for where the actual countries come as well - that's more important to me anyway than who does better than who within the SA team.
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Just spoke to Philip. They are at the opening dinner and in high spirits.
    They have had a few days to practise and have been catching fish but say it is very hard. They have two more days before the comp starts. He says the team is positive and committed to working hard.

If I hear anything more will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh View Post
    Just spoke to Philip. They are at the opening dinner and in high spirits.
    They have had a few days to practise and have been catching fish but say it is very hard. They have two more days before the comp starts. He says the team is positive and committed to working hard.

If I hear anything more will let you know.
    Thanx Mike, please keep us posted as you hear anything more. If they have two days left then it would probably be practice days hope they have the luck of figuring out what works, then again they have at least one angler that has just been through it all that should have more knowledge.

BOYS KEEP WORKING AND MAKE US PROUD
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Question

Who is the 'one angler'?

Wouldnt mind knowing who this one angler could be??

They are all experienced anglers!!

looking foreward to the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Who is the 'one angler'?
    I think Rob Van Rensburg fished the worlds and is fishing the commonwealth,please do not quote me but i am sure i saw his name on the commonwealth team sheet and on the worlds....
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I think Rob Van Rensburg fished the worlds and is fishing the commonwealth,please do not quote me but i am sure i saw his name on the commonwealth team sheet and on the worlds....
    Na I think ur right Nic,I wanted to answer earlier but wasn't 100% sure.I'm sure Phillip mentioned it somewhere.

Go Rob!!!!I wasn't to far off now was I?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast