• WEIGHTED FLY

12 92.31%
  • UNWEIGHTED

1 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Uv Polar Taddy And Uv Polar Nymph

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyr View Post
    Dave, new to the forum, but not averse to trying (tying) new ideas. I tie my own flies as well. Without discounting something, try it first. IMHO too many FF are stero-typed which accounts for lack of ideas...
    You will find a good couple of ff on this forum that enjoy tying new types of flies, you'll soon get to know who they are and enjoy them.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    I voted for Weighted.

Cos i have weighted..... and weighted.... and weighted.... and i am still weighting....
    Hold your Tung, Sten. Before you get too heavy
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    Hold your Tung, Sten. Before you get too heavy
    Alittle late with the chirp here Craig.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Seems you've both been lead by the nose..
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

This is great, got some yellow fish guys that are interested in trying my U.V. taddy and nymphs for yellows. Will be tying some weighted and unweighted flies in sizes 12/14/16.and also some larger unweighted patterns for trout or L.M. 6/8.

Dave.

Dave, I am off to what has the makings of a legendary LM trip this coming weekend. it is anextraordinary confluence of circumstances which should put us in a position to present flies to a helluva lot of fish as opposed to the usual 'moer & soek' which LargeMouth hunting entails.

I have neither the materials nor the time to go looking for the right materials but it would be a nice experiment to have these around to pitch and then give you some feedback on how well they work.

Would it be possible to make an arrangement whereby you send me a few of these beauts by overnight to counter ? If you're keen, I would need to have them by Friday AM as we're departing early Friday PM.

I'm more than happy to cover the costs involved, please let me know.
    Last edited by Scythe; 18-05-09 at 09:06 AM.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Dave, I am off to what has the makings of a legendary LM trip this coming weekend. it is anextraordinary confluence of circumstances which should put us in a position to present flies to a helluva lot of fish as opposed to the usual 'moer & soek' which LargeMouth hunting entails.

I have neither the materials nor the time to go looking for the right materials but it would be a nice experiment to have these around to pitch and then give you some feedback on how well they work.

Would it be possible to make an arrangement whereby you send me a few of these beauts by overnight to counter ? If you're keen, I would need to have them by Friday AM as we're departing early Friday PM.

I'm more than happy to cover the costs involved, please let me know.
    Sorry about this!! would have loved you to test some flies. Was just heavy overloaded at that time with being burgled twice (2x) in less than a week. Needless to say, you left that Friday, caught 4 ''affirmative shoppers'' that saterday at my place. F@cked them up good and solid before the S.A.P arrived, waiting still for charges to be dropped.

Anyway, in the future or even now, if you want, will be a pleasure tying some for you to test, hope you understand .

P.S. how'd things go!!????

DAVE

Well done on getting some of your own back, the more philosophical and/or liberal amongst us might say violence only begets more violence but f@ck I know it feels good to let some pain rain down on a S.O.B that f@cks with your chi.

Water wasn't as low as we expected, the fish were there but not eating, still a little too early in the season for the big largies (it wasn't as cold as we expected, the water was still warm eough to be handled on bare skin and the river was massively active) things have changed in the last two weeks or so, have heard of good fish coming out, going to another new, as of yet, unexplored stretch of river so if we could organise something by Friday, it would be great.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    Well done on getting some of your own back, the more philosophical and/or liberal amongst us might say violence only begets more violence but f@ck I know it feels good to let some pain rain down on a S.O.B that f@cks with your chi.

Water wasn't as low as we expected, the fish were there but not eating, still a little too early in the season for the big largies (it wasn't as cold as we expected, the water was still warm eough to be handled on bare skin and the river was massively active) things have changed in the last two weeks or so, have heard of good fish coming out, going to another new, as of yet, unexplored stretch of river so if we could organise something by Friday, it would be great.
    P.M me as to what you are after, would love someone of your calibre (also off shore guys) to test these flies in your waters.

DAVE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6