Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accessories + Packing space

Question Accessories + Packing space

I've gathered so much stuff over the past months that I'm getting a bit irritated with the whole mess it's causing.

The big question is where do u store all ur stuff?

My drawers are full and I'm not getting any more,trust me!!! The solution needs to be multiple as in knowing where's what,neat,within reach,etc.As u know I'm not a big fan of drawers and r looking for alternatives.

What about stands for all ur synthetics,threads,hooks,etc?Or shelves?

Any ideas? Am I looking at building my own goodies outa wood or the like?

Come on lets hear some thougths on this

Thanks
    G
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 10-04-08 at 05:36 PM.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Gerrit

You saw my solution...a big @ss bass lure bag! Lots of compartments to organise your stuff, pull out drawers with plastic boxes, the works. Most of my stuff I regularly use is in there, including my vise and base. The bonus is, if you travel, just pack it in and go!

Cheers
    Mike

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Gerrit

You saw my solution...a big @ss bass lure bag! Lots of compartments to organise your stuff, pull out drawers with plastic boxes, the works. Most of my stuff I regularly use is in there, including my vise and base. The bonus is, if you travel, just pack it in and go!

Cheers
    Mike
    Yes Mike for traveling ur sorted big time and I like it alot but I want visibilty if u know what I mean??? I want to see my stuff at my workstation.I don't buy the drawer to be the alfa and omega solution.U never know about stock levels,ur always "skarreling" around looking for things.

I've seen this to often at other tyers's stations and my own.I'm a perfectionist ie I strive on order and tidyness.

There is some nice stuff around from C&F but I'm not gonna flog R300-R400 for something I can built myself for R50 which can give me some sort of satisfaction while I'm at it.

Ps.Atleat my traveling is sorted after looking at your setup.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 10-04-08 at 09:52 PM.
    Gerrit Viljoen

Buy an old writing desk - neat and tidy and you don't really have to pack away anything when you want to tidy up the room, all you do is close the lid... Keeps my SAMBO nice and happy.

It saves me the nut ache of having to unpack and repack all my stuff every time I want to whip up a nymph
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Buy an old writing desk - neat and tidy and you don't really have to pack away anything when you want to tidy up the room, all you do is close the lid... Keeps my SAMBO nice and happy.

It saves me the nut ache of having to unpack and repack all my stuff every time I want to whip up a nymph
    Got the desk with 2 drawers and 2 single 'kassies' with 3 drawers each.It all fits well.It's the not seeing,optimal visibility that irritates me.

I know its temp but for the time being I wanna be a happy tyer.My ideal room will sort this but that is still a while away.

Naa I'll do some wood shopping this weekend and see what I can built to suit my needs for the time being.

Thanks for your help though
    Gerrit Viljoen

If you can see all your gear - it is probably gathering dust.

If you can see all your gear - it is probably gathering dust.
    Not necessarily,I want a similar layout to the shops.All neatly packed and hung infront of me.Easy pickings,will make stocktake a breeze,all kept in original packaging,hooks included.

The tools can be placed in a drawer once ur session is done.I don't know about other folk but this is my ideal layout.

I get ur suggestion,it has happened before till I discovered the dust ur refering to thus causing me to pack everything away,all stacked on top of each other with total caos.

Now I'm sitting with another little irritation....
    Gerrit Viljoen

your local pharmacist should be able to sort out little irritations chop chop...

your local pharmacist should be able to sort out little irritations chop chop...
    I hope so,better they stock stuff that can help fight Mike's favourate SM yellows imitation.
    Gerrit Viljoen

I also went the bass lure bag route and find it works very well for me. It has 3 removable plastic compartment boxes, in one I store all my threads, wires, and other ribbing material, in another all my tools and in the last one all my hooks.

It then has another large compartment at the top. In here I've got one of every material I own, all sorted together according to what category of material it is, dubbing, hair etc etc. These are all stored in ziplock bags. At the bottom of the bag is another large removable compartment, in which I store all my bigger materials like hackle capes, pheasant skins, pheasant tail feathers etc.

I've found this to be quite convienient as I hate been cluttered with stuff when I tie. With this setup I can remove just what I want and keep my desk clear.

I store all my extra materials in my desk drawers and use this to restock the bag.
    Last edited by ShaunF; 11-04-08 at 08:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast