Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BFG9000 - Step by Step

Quote Originally Posted by 1in10 View Post
    Very very nice. Fishing alot of mink these days. My wife asked me why I spent R700.00 on a few bits of mink when I told her I needed a few materials.

she then asked to see the rest of the fur coat.
    Dude, don't lie. You bought the coat and trimmed the collar!

@ Shaun, that is a very, very nice fly - definitely an addition to the box for this winter! I have a funny feeling if you play around with the colours a bit and step up the hook size you would have a rather nice saltwater pattern too. You can call it the Chainsaw Lancer. (any gaming geek would get it )
    "Is that the new G.Loomis??? Wow! How much is that??

Oh, look, the new Stealth......."

When i look at this SBS and lots of others i dont get to see pictures, it says that the photo/ video has been removed.

Does anybody else get this error??

Cheers

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbuch View Post
    When i look at this SBS and lots of others i dont get to see pictures, it says that the photo/ video has been removed.

Does anybody else get this error??

Cheers

Andrew
    Hi Andrew. It's not been removed. It's related to inactive Photobucket accounts.
    Last edited by Rendier; 11-06-09 at 09:53 AM.
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

so what can be done to solve the problem?

Best solution is to store the pics on the forum server, but this takes up loads of space. Catch 22 I'm affraid
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Start your own archive! Whenever I see a fly pattern that I like, I extract the description/recipe/instructions and save the pics (immediately, otherwise I never find it again when I am looking for it....) ... which explains why my "fly tying" folder is 1.25GB on my PC....

Andrew, PM me with your off-forum email address, and I'll send you a .ZIP with all the pics and the text description ... if your email account can't accept a .ZIP archive (many don't these days), there are only 10 pics plus the txt file = 750k...not much these days.

P.S. also search the forum for Morne's "Epoxy & Mink" - similar line of fly, but without the deerhair head - also very cool
    Jan L. Korrûbel
    Nottingham Road Village

Quote Originally Posted by JanK View Post
    Start your own archive! Whenever I see a fly pattern that I like, I extract the description/recipe/instructions and save the pics (immediately, otherwise I never find it again when I am looking for it....) ... which explains why my "fly tying" folder is 1.25GB on my PC....

Andrew, PM me with your off-forum email address, and I'll send you a .ZIP with all the pics and the text description ... if your email account can't accept a .ZIP archive (many don't these days), there are only 10 pics plus the txt file = 750k...not much these days.

P.S. also search the forum for Morne's "Epoxy & Mink" - similar line of fly, but without the deerhair head - also very cool
    I had been doing that for the past 2 years but last month my backup external HDD crashed while i was copying my stuff back to my PC after i reformatted it. so i lost EVERYTHING. Wouldnt mind getting that fly tying folder from you sometime . Will PM you shortly

thanks

Andrew

I had been doing that for the past 2 years but last month my backup external HDD crashed while i was copying my stuff back to my PC after i reformatted it. so i lost EVERYTHING. Wouldnt mind getting that fly tying folder from you sometime . Will PM you shortly

thanks

Andrew
    No sweat - that's what we all (should be) here for : share and share alike. I am sure that Shaun would have been only too happy to help out with his pattern, but I think he is still on Lake St. Bernard this week...putting those BFG's through their paces...lucky boy.

Sorry about your tying folder - I have 2 x 300GB drives with mainly music on them, if they ever go, you'll see/hear me flip out from wherever you are on this planet...

Email / PM sent.
    Jan L. Korrûbel
    Nottingham Road Village

Quote Originally Posted by JanK View Post
    No sweat - that's what we all (should be) here for : share and share alike. I am sure that Shaun would have been only too happy to help out with his pattern, but I think he is still on Lake St. Bernard this week...putting those BFG's through their paces...lucky boy.

Sorry about your tying folder - I have 2 x 300GB drives with mainly music on them, if they ever go, you'll see/hear me flip out from wherever you are on this planet...

Email / PM sent.
    I lost everything, Music, Movies, Work,. The drive is a 1.5Tb and had about 1.3Tb worth of stuff on it that got lost. It sucks, at least my photos was also on my Gf's laptop so we didnt loose any of those. i did manage to copy some stuuf to my pc before the drive crashed, then later that week I picked up a virus that wiped my HDD out. So really lost everyhing. Since then i have my photos backed up on dvd & at least 3 drives at a time just in case.

Cheers

Andrew

I lost everything, Music, Movies, Work,. The drive is a 1.5Tb and had about 1.3Tb worth of stuff on it that got lost. It sucks...
    You don't say...

External drive you had?...I gave up on external drives (via USB that is), and unless they are integrated into the network via ether, don't trust 'em.

The problem (IMHO) with the standalone USB jobbies is that when you attach them to your system, and IF your system is well condomised with anti-virus software etc., what happens is that the AV software sees the newcomer, and attaches it to make sure that all is safe and sound. No problem there.

So you do your backup / transfer / whatever, and then when you want to detach the jobbie gracefuly using the "Unplug USB Device", it WON'T (coz the AV software still has it "attached")...in the end, you lose patience and simply yank the USB cable (like I do for flash drives)...no problem, till about the 3rd time you do that...all of a sudden you try and access the external drive and it asks you to format !!!!!! because it sees nothing...

What's happened is that the FAT (File Allocation Table) hasn't closed properly / got corrupted and now can't be accessed...no access to the FAT = no access to the drive contents.

After the umpteenth time that happened, and reformatting and resetting up the external, I pulled the drive outta the external case and put it into my PC. Happy as Larry...
    Jan L. Korrûbel
    Nottingham Road Village

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast