Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Introduction From Uitenhage/ P.e. District

Default Introduction From Uitenhage/ P.e. District

My name is Dave and I have been ff & fly tying (self taught) for over ten years now.

I have belonged to a couple of ff clubs and still am. When I started getting interested in f/tying I battled for literature in this area (did not have internet)
    Bought flies and slowly took them apart to see how they were tied. Since then I have a collection of books, videos on tying - fly casting- flyfishing from freshwater to gamefish.

Have taught local guys to tie their own flies giving fly tying lessons which were well attended. Still get together on a weekly basis and tie.

We have also stocked a dam with fingerlings which grew to over 4 kg within 3-4 years. Will be stocking again in June. (only c&r allowed here)

We also flyfish different stillwaters, rivers and esturies on a regular basis. The guys are mostly youngsters and love the sport. Practicing catch and release mostly with the odd trout taken for smoking etc.

I enjoy meeting other ff and share information freely, one of the reasons why this forum has become special to me.

Yours in FLYFISHING
    Dave (52yrs young)
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

hi Dave
    Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find a heap of help here, but having ff for 10 years and taught people to tie flies, I think we can learn from you....If you need assistance with downloading pics of tying sequences.....I'm sure someone will assist you immediately
    Nice to know where you are and when in the area will give you a shout.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

THANKS ROLS, and anytime will be a pleasure to meet and fish with you.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

I'm sitting here having a last dop while packing my stuff, I was invited yesterday to go fish in the Gamka reserve for yellowfish. Never caught one yet and going with a party of hotshot boytjies, must say I'm nervous as hell, but looking so forward to it. Best thing is I loaned my rod and float tube to a friend of mine for his holiday, but luckily managed to get some from a friend of mine. Kan nie wag nie
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    I'm sitting here having a last dop while packing my stuff, I was invited yesterday to go fish in the Gamka reserve for yellowfish. Never caught one yet and going with a party of hotshot boytjies, must say I'm nervous as hell, but looking so forward to it. Best thing is I loaned my rod and float tube to a friend of mine for his holiday, but luckily managed to get some from a friend of mine. Kan nie wag nie
    Enjoy boet, i am sure you will out fish them all,looking forward to seeing the pics

cheers Nick
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Would that be your 1st last dop, or what. Hey Rols injoy the fishing, and kick some butt

Dave

thanks guys
    sorry to hijack the thread Dave. I'm gonna sneak another last one though...helps with the double checking

Hi Dave,

I actually like you a lot man.I don't know much about you but I can relate to ur character.U stuck it out and now ur one of my favourate contributers.We think a like which u've mentioned to me the other day.

Keep it up!!!

G

Welcome Dave! Nice to have you here bro! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Grant.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Hi Dave

Welcome - I spend almost every December in the EC. I don't normally flyfish down there that much but give it a stab if the wind permits. Next time I'm down there I'll give you a shout if you are around.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast