Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clanwilliam Dam

Jeez Kev, blanking for SM bass, you must be very embarrassed. I have done that once, mind you it was during a cold front at Baviaanskloof in June.

Seriously though, I reckon that bass are much more temperamental than trout. There are times when a bass just shuts his mounth and won't feed. Better luck next time.

Perhaps it was just an off weekend down here in the Cape?

The fishing at de-mond was not up to it's reputable standards either but you can't win them all otherwise they'd call it catching, not fishing! We'll get them though... one day! My leerie blank continues.

I am off to Cederberg on Tuesday to see if I can find any fish. I am a total newbie to the area so will have to do alot of scouting. I will take some of the directions and spots posted here and see what the results are. I will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbike View Post
    I am off to Cederberg on Tuesday to see if I can find any fish. I am a total newbie to the area so will have to do alot of scouting. I will take some of the directions and spots posted here and see what the results are. I will report back.
    Good luck! Looking forward to your report back
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbike View Post
    good luck! and welcome to the forum!
    the patient mental...

Skipped Clamwilliam Dam and went to Bulshoek instead. WOW! Had a killer time catching small mouth bass. The biggest measuring in at around 17inch but I must confess that it was not caught on my fly rod!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2