Thread: How to with tails

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    After reading your post on the dyeing of Capes, I would say that you should just use a new batch. Saves you the extra steps of finding a way of re-tapering cheap fibbets.
    Not the same scenario.Dyes take much longer than just cutting tails to a taper.Is there a way?

Thanks
    G

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Not the same scenario.Dyes take much longer than just cutting tails to a taper.Is there a way?

Thanks
    G
    Cutting tapers on fibbets??? Yikes!

As far as I know fibbets are tapered by heat, so try a clothing iron - good luck. Waste of time imho, since fibbets are really cheap.

If it's too pricey to replace cut-off fibbets, buy cheap paint-brushes, they also have tapered fibres.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuide.co.za View Post
    Cutting tapers on fibbets??? Yikes!

As far as I know fibbets are tapered by heat, so try a clothing iron - good luck. Waste of time imho, since fibbets are really cheap.

If it's too pricey to replace cut-off fibbets, buy cheap paint-brushes, they also have tapered fibres.
    Thanks Mario

Put a lighter to them, it doesn't do a gradual taper, but does re-tip them so to speak.

For the ones you singe too much, you will be forced to replace them by buying a new pack.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.