Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakensvlei reprt back

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    Fritz, double hand strip along the surface it is!
    Oh, thanks, I thought thats what i said.
    Here's Mr Cox's fishey, may give you a clue.......now I,m really dead

hi guys

being a salty ff I have had the oppertunaty to fish laakies once before, it was amazing and I would fish for trout any day if they all fight that hard with the jumps and the works.

I was on a farm today right next to lakensvlei and unfortunatly I forgot my camera otherwise I could have posted some pics of lakies from high up, trust me when I say this, it looks STUNNING and its full to the brim. I got an offer to fish lakies next week tuesday and wednesday but work is a *****. Might just still organize something...
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    hi guys

being a salty ff I have had the oppertunaty to fish laakies once before, it was amazing and I would fish for trout any day if they all fight that hard with the jumps and the works.

I was on a farm today right next to lakensvlei and unfortunatly I forgot my camera otherwise I could have posted some pics of lakies from high up, trust me when I say this, it looks STUNNING and its full to the brim. I got an offer to fish lakies next week tuesday and wednesday but work is a *****. Might just still organize something...
    BUT IT's YOUR BIRTHDAY.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    BUT IT's YOUR BIRTHDAY.
    unfortunatly I am not my own boss yet, stil busy with final arangements but as soon as I have it sorted I will be fishing for a living.
    but onething is for sure, lakies is a place that has to be fished if you get the oppertunaty.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by deewy View Post
    unfortunatly I am not my own boss yet, stil busy with final arangements but as soon as I have it sorted I will be fishing for a living.
    but onething is for sure, lakies is a place that has to be fished if you get the oppertunaty.
    I know what you mean. I did game fishing for a living for 9 yrs. Not easy. Take some advice, do it on your own - no partners.
    Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

I have a partner and lucky he is judt as enthusiastic as I am, he knows freshwater and I know saltwater, good combination. if you are on facebook you can check out what we do, just search the group FlySouth Adventures and please let me know what you think.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Hi guys.

Whats the topography of the dam like. Is there a steady drop to the deepest point or is it shallow and then a sudden drop off. And how deep is the deepest point when the dam is at 100%

Thank Guys
    Hi Jason
    Check the pics that I posted as well as Chriss. Mine were taken from the hut looking down to the water. A not so gentle drop...if i may say so, but not a cliff drop off either....from the hut side. The opposite bank and right hand side of the bank looking at the water has some sheer sections.
    hope this helps.
    after the streams close.....lets do it
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post

after the streams close.....lets do it

Count me in
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    Count me in
    i definately think with the water so high a float tube will help. I got my first brown trout here. Peed Philip off deluxe
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

There is even a nice report about Lakenvlei on a Czech flyfishing website.
    With 2 pictures of Lakenvlei at 98% full.

http://www.cesky-muskar.eu/index.php...80401002&cat=6

It speaks about strong fish, beautifull surroundings, drift boat fishing, Fantastic star gazing and the milky way so bright, and massive evening braais.

The correct name of the dam is "Lakenvallei" according to the Dept of Water Affairs. We have shortened to Lakenvlei.

If you look at the surrounding areas, there is no Vlei, it is a Valley. A very steep sided rocky valley.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast