Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast

Thread: Lakensvlei reprt back

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I have a new girlfriend:
    That sounds fishy!

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    I think Andre's standards are a bit higher than that. To be honest if my girlfriend was a 2 maximum I would rather go fishing in that horrible weather than waste good wood on her (yes i know - double entandre....)
    ha ha....good one!!!!
    catch and release

So would I Grant... so would I:biggrin:
    Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    I think Andre's standards are a bit higher than that. To be honest if my girlfriend was a 2 maximum I would rather go fishing in that horrible weather than waste good wood on her (yes i know - double entandre....)
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

For those who are interested in some fishing in the snow, there is a serious amount predicted for next weekend.
    http://www.yr.no/place/South_Africa/...vlei/long.html
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Oh no... Time to go shopping for thermals!
    Regards,
    Leonardo

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    For those who are interested in some fishing in the snow, there is a serious amount predicted for next weekend.
    http://www.yr.no/place/South_Africa/...vlei/long.html
    Eish! Going to be cold up that way... Hope the fish aren't too turned off...
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Booked for Sat 29th. Hope the snow prediction is correct as I need a bit of a "warm up" for Highland Lodge in August :-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Quote Originally Posted by dlampert View Post
    Booked for Sat 29th. Hope the snow prediction is correct as I need a bit of a "warm up" for Highland Lodge in August :-)
    Darryl do you guys fish with 2 weights and 6x at Lakies these days? About the only way a warm up for Highland would be of any use...:wink:
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

And do you put the camera on makro settings so you can practice the photography aspect too? :wink:
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

I have seen pics of some decent fish coming out of Lakies in the last month. I have also hooked (but not landed) two good fish along with plenty of stockies. Not too concerned about the size but hope the weather is as bad as possible :-)
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast