Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakensvlei reprt back

Default Lakensvlei reprt back

These reprt back threads are the greatest, and i was thinking that for us "Slaapenaars", a feedback thread on Lakensvlei would be a good idea. I know that several Fly talkers have been there recently, as we are holding our Provincial still water trials there. Lakensvlei is a very special dam near Ceres, and perhaps someone has some good photos to share as well.

but in the meantime, I drift boated there with Kevin Cox the other day, and we had a good day, so with the onset of winter, there may be some good stories to tell.

Hey Andrea great idea to start this thread!

I got a couple photos of Lakies would be nice to start it off with a couple pics!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Hello,

I will be in that area around August for my honeymoon and has managed to negotiate a day off to do some fishing. Would you guys recommend river fishing (If allowed during winter) or Lakensvlei?

Lokking forward to seeing some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by vanderw View Post
    Hello,

I will be in that area around August for my honeymoon and has managed to negotiate a day off to do some fishing. Would you guys recommend river fishing (If allowed during winter) or Lakensvlei?

Lokking forward to seeing some pictures.
    The rivers will be closed until the 1st September so i would suggest you give Lakies a go!

Its a truelly beautiful lake with some really strong fighting fish!
    The closer one gets to realizing his destiny, the more that destiny becomes his true reason for being! Paulo Coelho

Is a floating tube a must I would suppose?

Lakies actually is one of those dams that can produce really well from the bank so if you had no choice i wouldnt feel disheartened fishing from the side!

It may just be a bit tricky cause Lakies is really full so it may be a bit harder to find the fish!

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to it!!!

some pics a coupla years ago
    Last edited by rols; 07-07-08 at 02:16 PM.
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Thumbs up Lakies Rocks!

Lakies is a magic place for me to! Here is a pic from the main inlet.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing!
    ~ George Bernard Shaw ~

would love to see pics with the water being fuller. Chris I see you and I were there around the same waterlevel times.
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast