Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bait Pasta

Default Bait Pasta

Something to do with the leftover peeled prawns the grunter and rock cod don't want:

Bait Pasta

500g pack of linguine or spaghetti.

Around 1kg peeled prawns, drained of any moisture.

Five cloves garlic, peeled and crushed/chopped.

Two green Chilis, finely chopped.

Six tablespoons tinned chopped tomato.

One small ripe tomato, chopped.

1/2 cup of beer.

Chopped parsley for garnish.

Heat up a large heavy bottom pan. Have your linguine or spaghetti already cooked in salted water and drained, as well as the other ingredients ready to go as this cooks quickly. Into the hot pan chuck a large splash (1/3 cup odd) of olive oil, allow to heat up then add your peeled prawns, stir fry for a minute or two. Add the chopped garlic and chopped chili. Fry for a minute or so, stirring continuously then add the tomato and beer (you can put them both into the same container during preparation). Allow to heat through and cook for a minute or two, adding salt to taste. Add the pasta and toss to mix everything well, allowing it to heat up in the hot pan. Chuck into a serving dish, sprinkle chopped parsley on top and serve immediately.
    Last edited by Lardbeast; 03-05-08 at 09:07 AM.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken

Every decent man is ashamed of his government.

Is one back from one's aerial perambulations over the Equator?

One senses a Gautie (Lardo) v WP (Nick) 'Masterchef One' a'coming on?..
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

One also feels a certain Lardo may have been an asset at OV1!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Yes, one could have stood under the Boer War bridge and caught the car in case we wobbled off....

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Yes, one could have stood under the Boer War bridge and caught the car in case we wobbled off....
    methinks it would have been more of a plummet that a wobble!! .... that vehicle be not a creature of the air!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Baaa-Baaa!! Good one son!

Still up here in the Bight of Benin. Definitely need to get Nicholas out to the new brewery some time and play with our food over a few jars.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Lardbeast View Post
    Still up here in the Bight of Benin. Definitely need to get Nicholas out to the new brewery some time and play with our food over a few jars.
    That would be an honour and a pleasure......lets see if we can organise something when you get back.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Lardo, I just got back from an anthropological expedition to Sterkie Caves with my daughter. The caves were closed with all the rain here - some German tourists got stuck down there for a while, serevs the Bstards right.....shame, I took my daughter to Ngwenya Glass where I bought her a few pressies, and strange co-incidence I visited Gils which as you know is next door. (I did SMS you but as no reply presumed you were up north). I would've SMS's Rory et al but it was only a one-beer stop. Mrs Gil was there and she/my daughter had a great chat. Poor old man Gil poisoned himself inhaling spray paint (shuold've stuck to real ale and not experimented..) so he wasn't there, but he'll be back in action next week. All the locals pass on their salaams to you

Ta muchly, Mr W. Nothing Gil caught that can't be cured by a pint and a Ginsters pastie while squinting down the cleavage of a nubile blonde.

Have to see how things are when I get back so we can arrange a weekend sampling beer and throwing together a batch of comestibles. Maybe put together some kind of outdoor cooking event where unusual pots are used to produce curries and the like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast