Thread: Danvise adjustment

Default Danvise adjustment

Hi guys,
    I have a problem, I bought a Danvise over the weekend but it didn't come with any instructions. Now I know vise has been discussed on the forum already but I can't find anything on the adjustments.

The basic adjustments were pretty easy to figure out but is it possible to adjust the rotary tension as I find it a little loose on my vise, and if so how?

Thanx guys,
    Rob
    Last edited by Babyson; 04-05-08 at 03:00 PM.

Hi Rob

To adjust the Danvise rotary tension hold the jaws with your right hand (if you are a righty tier) then turn the inner circular ring on the left side (the one inside the rotary handle) towards the jaws (clockwise). This should tighten it.

I have my two adjustment screws on the left tightened together and when I want to increase or reduce the tension on the rotary action I turn the two together. To tighten they need to move in towards the jaws and to loosen they need to move away.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if I'm not clear enough and I'll try send you a pic with an explanation.

Cheers
    Byron
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

It works like a charm!

My two adjustment screws are also tightened together (Can't separate them actually, but maybe I'm being to gentle cause I'm scared of breaking it ) so I'm turning them together and it works perfectly!

Thanx Byron, really appreciate it.
    Rob

Happy to help - enjoy the tying.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Just because it's relevant and some one else might search the topic a YouTube video on operating the DanVice
    http://youtu.be/4KSZou1AvtQ