Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: "Calling" Barbel

Aaaah, that makes sense, thanks!

One of the best rods to call a baber with is a Sage TCR 5wt, and I know the oke who can prove that !!
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    One of the best rods to call a baber with is a Sage TCR 5wt, and I know the oke who can prove that !!
    With at least 4 IGFA class world records to his name, one can only concur.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Calling barbel with such a first class rod is pure style,a cheapy silstar would be far more suitable for the job.

Ja wel sorry i only use a rod that will leave me with a smile if it snaps cause i had some acasions were it almost happen when those submarines take off....
    Glad to see there is others also that enjoy these buggers its great fun.

O yes the barbell i caught over the weekend was between 5 to about 25 yards away sometimes you lucky to find them close but when i see them i tend to keep my distance so they dont scare because then its game over and starte fresh.

Ja ja i just cant stay home an gota fish almost every weekend but my wife still love me.... HAHA
    You cant change yesterday but you CAN make a diferance in tomorow !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Dawid, all weer in my waters neh

Mooi vis boet, maar dis mos nou Gele's tyd, los ou snorbek vir wanneer die vlooi te hoog is.
    Ja ok ma die geles is af ek het paar ouens gekry wat ek amper pro sal noem wat bevestig het die geles byt nie soos hulle moet nie so hoekom nie so bietjie aksie dan nie .......
    You cant change yesterday but you CAN make a diferance in tomorow !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kabouter View Post
    Ja ok ma die geles is af ek het paar ouens gekry wat ek amper pro sal noem wat bevestig het die geles byt nie soos hulle moet nie so hoekom nie so bietjie aksie dan nie .......
    If your passion is Yellows, you will accept the poor days, but the most important thing apart from enjoying the day, is learning. With yellows in difficult conditions learning comes through perseverance, try and try again.
    If we caught our target fish every time we went out it would be called catching, and not fishing.
    Fishing embraces so much more than just catching a fish.
    Have a squizz at the Small Streams Yellows thread to see my view on the whole issue.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Well Mr Jooste.....

I must say that is one of the best views on fishing I have ever heard. Fishing not catching....I like it!!!

I have posted some of my ill tied flys on the other baber thred for those interested. The qualiuty is up to.... but does convey the basic idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    True story pappie! His rig most definitely wasnt IGFA legal though herman, I know the guy who tied some of it and he has a tendency for fishing very heavy line

I was waiting to hear a "snap crackle and pop" tied sound followed by swearing and then tears but amazingly the tcr handled it very well!
    Check your knots!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5