Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tigerfish venues

Echoing Pieter there re Zim, also give Alan and Ian Kendal a call c/o 011 464 2202. They offer a package at their Ngwenya Lodge on the Zim side of Zambezi but a wonderful all-in professional package with really friendly and experienced guys - they know the trials/tribulations of the Zim saga inside-out and have it very well organised. The other guys' suggestions also sound good. I do have a mate who occasionally lets guys up to his farm on the Zambian side of the Zambezi but I don't think he's organising any new trips till springtime
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies - will check out some of the options. Would prefer outside of SA in order to make a bit of a trip out of the whole thing.

At this stage dates look like 19/20 June to about 25/26 June

Cheers

I see 'Intrepidfly.com' are advertising on the Forum homepage for Zambian t'fishing but the cost seems a bit out of your range
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Hi guys

Sorry to pick up this thread so late but if anyone needs firsthand info on the Zambian side of the Lower Zam or above Vic Falls, please PM me and I'll help out. I know of a couple of places that are offering reasonable rates for SADC inhabitants! Most lodges either have aluminium boats of pontoon and are pretty geared up towards ff'ers.

have you looked at some of the lodges and camping spots in the pan handle of the Okavango Delta? I don't know if they will be inside of your price range, but if you go in October/ November, you could very well catch the barbel run, and have some insane fishing.

Guys

What I would like to know is what the average pricing is at most of these places?

A mate of mine gave me a shout yesterday and wanted to know if I would be interrested in making a 5 day trip to the Chobe National Park as our base camp and fish the Chobe and if need be the Upper Zambezi.

2 days travelling to and fro. 3 full days on the water with boats and guides.
    Fuel, food, travelling, drinks, border duties, accomodation, etc, etc. at R7500/person for a group of four. Thus putting it at R1500/person/day.

This had me thinking and I would like to know if one decides to take such a trip to any other destination whether it be to the Delta, Caprivi, Upper or Lower Zambezi what the average cost per person per day would be if you include travel, boat hire, accomodation,etc, etc?

Anyone willing to share? I am keen on doing a trip soon?

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Guys

What I would like to know is what the average pricing is at most of these places?

A mate of mine gave me a shout yesterday and wanted to know if I would be interrested in making a 5 day trip to the Chobe National Park as our base camp and fish the Chobe and if need be the Upper Zambezi.

2 days travelling to and fro. 3 full days on the water with boats and guides.
    Fuel, food, travelling, drinks, border duties, accomodation, etc, etc. at R7500/person for a group of four. Thus putting it at R1500/person/day.

This had me thinking and I would like to know if one decides to take such a trip to any other destination whether it be to the Delta, Caprivi, Upper or Lower Zambezi what the average cost per person per day would be if you include travel, boat hire, accomodation,etc, etc?

Anyone willing to share? I am keen on doing a trip soon?
    Got a family trip to the Chirundu area planned for later this year:
    Accomodation is 30USD per person per day, self catering in a really nice chalet - river bar, swimming pool, lawns, braais, with fans and fridges and deep freezes in the chalets etc. Pretty much all the basics and a few "luxuries".

Boats with a guide are 90USD per day, fish four comfortably (2 if you're fly fishing) and fuel is 1USD per litre. You'll use roughly 25 litre's a day in that area, with an all day excursion up to just below the gorge chowing about 80L.

Border fees are around R800 for the vehicle, trailer and four people.
    Tolls around R400
    Its a 3200km round trip from Pretoria so fuel cost depends on what and how you drive. I'm considerring flying to Lusaka as an SAA return flight is R3300 all inclusive.

The fish are bigger than the delta, its a damn side cheaper and there is just as much game around.
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Got a family trip to the Chirundu area planned for later this year:
    Accomodation is 30USD per person per day, self catering in a really nice chalet - river bar, swimming pool, lawns, braais, with fans and fridges and deep freezes in the chalets etc. Pretty much all the basics and a few "luxuries".

Boats with a guide are 90USD per day, fish four comfortably (2 if you're fly fishing) and fuel is 1USD per litre. You'll use roughly 25 litre's a day in that area, with an all day excursion up to just below the gorge chowing about 80L.

Border fees are around R800 for the vehicle, trailer and four people.
    Tolls around R400
    Its a 3200km round trip from Pretoria so fuel cost depends on what and how you drive. I'm considerring flying to Lusaka as an SAA return flight is R3300 all inclusive.

The fish are bigger than the delta, its a damn side cheaper and there is just as much game around.
    That sounds great! When do we leave?
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    That sounds great! When do we leave?
    What passport do you have - I dont fancy ending up in Chikarubie (sp?) prison pal

Seriously though, its the first time I'm going there in a couple of years so i'd like to check it out before I rope a lot of mates in and it turns out to be a lemon! My brother and his mates were there last year and had a blast but we all know the situation in Zim
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    What passport do you have - I dont fancy ending up in Chikarubie (sp?) prison pal

Seriously though, its the first time I'm going there in a couple of years so i'd like to check it out before I rope a lot of mates in and it turns out to be a lemon! My brother and his mates were there last year and had a blast but we all know the situation in Zim
    I was really just kidding. I had planned to do a similar trip in 2007, but it never happened. Would like to do it one day though.

Zim is not all bad. My Dad's company runs a few contracts up there so they get daily feedback. Biggest issue is fuel theft and cholera.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast