Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tigerfish venues

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    I was really just kidding. I had planned to do a similar trip in 2007, but it never happened. Would like to do it one day though.

Zim is not all bad. My Dad's company runs a few contracts up there so they get daily feedback. Biggest issue is fuel theft and cholera.
    No worries, but it really is the kind of place a lot of you guys would enjoy, so if it all checks out its an option. I've still got family up there and chat to the guys in chirundu a few times a month, so I'm aware of the situation - the biggest issue for me is dealing with the local constabulary while travelling, hence flying to Lusaka.
    Check your knots!

Guys I can vouch for the Chirundu area, we got some super fish in that area last season, a lot of which were 10lb +. Jock0, I did the Harare-Chirundu road in late October last year and didn't get hassled once by the cops but it could've been because we were in a Zambian reg vehicle...

Quote Originally Posted by kevzambia View Post
    Guys I can vouch for the Chirundu area, we got some super fish in that area last season, a lot of which were 10lb +. Jock0, I did the Harare-Chirundu road in late October last year and didn't get hassled once by the cops but it could've been because we were in a Zambian reg vehicle...
    True story - when we're in a zim/bots/zambia reg vehicle life's a breeze but in a gp or mp reg ZA car you're in for a hard time. Biggest issue is the related to the passports my family travel on.

Like you've mentioned though fishing up there is phenominal.
    Check your knots!

What about flying into Lusaka and doing a road transfer to
    ? It's a scenic drive (130km=2 hours max) and fishing the Zambian side, or crossing into Zim? The border crossing is actually pretty hassle free, you drive past all the trucks and don't have to wait in long queues or anything and the officials are very friendly. Just arrange to be picked up by the lodge you'll be staying at...

What about flying into Lusaka and doing a road transfer to
    ? It's a scenic drive (130km=2 hours max) and fishing the Zambian side, or crossing into Zim? The border crossing is actually pretty hassle free, you drive past all the trucks and don't have to wait in long queues or anything and the officials are very friendly. Just arrange to be picked up by the lodge you'll be staying at...
    Yup, think in my first post I mentioned thats what I'm planning on doing? The return flight is only R3200 all inclusive too so its not actually much more expensive than driving and its a damn side quicker.
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Yup, think in my first post I mentioned thats what I'm planning on doing? The return flight is only R3200 all inclusive too so its not actually much more expensive than driving and its a damn side quicker.
    Let me know if you need a transfer arranged, I'll do some research and get back to you with costs etc.

Let me know if you need a transfer arranged, I'll do some research and get back to you with costs etc.
    Thanks for the offer but the lodge I'll be staying at is happy to do the transfer for next to nothing. Fingers crossed it all comes together in the end and I can post a few decent pics
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Thanks for the offer but the lodge I'll be staying at is happy to do the transfer for next to nothing. Fingers crossed it all comes together in the end and I can post a few decent pics
    Fantastic! Let us know how it goes! Get in touch before you head out, we might be able to meet up on the river for a cold one...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3